Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

residue free shampoo.

tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
so i stumbled across dreadheadhq's shampoo and it sounds like a good product but after reading about all the other products they sell that ruin your hair (wax) im wondering if this would do the same. i dont see why it would but i want to be sure.
updated by @tyler-updyke: 02/14/15 05:40:53AM
tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
http://www.dreadheadhq.com/shop/Dreadlocks-Shampoo.html this is the url for the shampoo im talking about
Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
I'd advise buying something else. Not for the fact that the shampoo is bad, necessarily, but just because the price is so ridiculous. 10 dollars for a 10oz. bottle PLUS 10 dollars for shipping(It's still 10, right?)? You could get a much better deal for the same price. Both Burt's Bees and Dr. Bronners(bar, the liquid is about 10 bucks, I believe) are much cheaper alternatives. I'm assuming you're not planning on using the baking soda/ACV wash, but that would also be much, much cheaper(and the cheapest) of a choice.
tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
its actually 10 dollars for 16 ounce bottle, but i will check out burt's bees and dr.bronners

Patrick said:
I'd advise buying something else. Not for the fact that the shampoo is bad, necessarily, but just because the price is so ridiculous. 10 dollars for a 10oz. bottle PLUS 10 dollars for shipping(It's still 10, right?)? You could get a much better deal for the same price. Both Burt's Bees and Dr. Bronners(bar, the liquid is about 10 bucks, I believe) are much cheaper alternatives. I'm assuming you're not planning on using the baking soda/ACV wash, but that would also be much, much cheaper(and the cheapest) of a choice.
tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
i was looking at some shampoo at etsy and it was 12 dollars for a 8 ounce bottle, but ill check out dr.bronners but if all else fails ill use the baking soda method.

Knottysleeves said:
That shampoo is definitely overpriced. Liquid shampoos/soaps are always a bad deal because most of what you're paying for is water. For the same money or less, you'd be better off getting a small bottle of Dr Bronner's (because you can actually use it for other things if it doesn't work for your hair, and it's super-concentrated so it lasts much longer) or even a natural "shampoo bar" soap from a site like Etsy or our members shops. Or, just do the baking soda wash, which is effective and easy and super cheap.

I've never tried the DHHQ shampoo myself, but from reading the reviews around here, some people say it's okay and others say it gave them the worst dandruff ever.
Stonee
@stonee
14 years ago
8 posts
I say you just go with the baking soda/acv wash instead. its power to naturally clean you is unmatched by any chemical enriched products.
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
how much it cost? if soda is cheaper buy that instead, its good..
tyler updyke
@tyler-updyke
14 years ago
14 posts
its 10 bucks for 12 ounces plus shipping and handling.

Mikey Mikez said:
how much it cost? if soda is cheaper buy that instead, its good..
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&sc_id=59611&seller_id=12013&op=new The peppermint rosemary is what I am using right now. Very cheap, works wonders!! Smells incredible. and it's all handmade.Makes your dreads feel awesome. People comment on how good they smell all the time. I even tell people to smell my 'locks, and even though they're kinda weirded out by sniffing matted hair, they really like it!
Beksta
@beksta
14 years ago
22 posts
The stuff is ridiculously overpriced, but for my locks, dreadhead shampoo was actually a godsend, nothing else seemed to work (i.e. either wouldn't get my hair/scalp clean, or would cause me dandruff or cause lock problems)...this is the only shampoo so far that worked for me - although next set of locks, gonna try bronners (which I've only just found a stockist for in my area). But yeah, dreadhead, from my experience, wayyy overpriced, but a good product...actually ten bucks (even considering currency conversion) is not as bad as I was paying for the stuff - triple that number LOL...
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form