Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Feeling Discouraged

Zach2
@zach2
14 years ago
20 posts
Hi,I started my dread about 3 months ago and Im starting to feel like my progress has slowed greatly...I started my dreads by backcombing and using dreadhead wax....about 2 weeks in i found this site decided i wanted no wax bought the wax remover from this site and washed the wax out...this seemed to work completely, im not an expert but my dreads were soft and fluffy and much different texturally than before...anyway since then ive done pretty much nothing, i wash about every other day with dr bronners because my hair gets greasy quickly if i dont wash it often...i have been touching and playing and rolling and twisting and so on all my dreads and im now reading more and more that that is bad and im going to try to stop with that...also my dreads in the back are pretty good but the ones on top have split in two from there originals (some at least) and now i have some totally undreaded sections that are very thin...i have very curly hair and my dreads are still curling which makes them look even less like dreads, will they straighten as they get more dense? If anybody has any advice for me or just some assurance that is part of the normal process it would be greatly appreciated...
updated by @zach2: 01/13/15 08:50:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
totaly normal u backcombed and sectioned the dreadheadhq way unaturaly so the dreads want to split acording to the natural sectioning its what happens when u force then ti dread or use tyour will over the will of naturethe thin sections will dread eventualyum washing every 2 days woll make u oilytry the baking soda spray with thyme ttea on the scalp and leave on that and washing less will make u less oily slowlyextend the wash cycle by 1 day try to get to once or twice a week wiythout being too oily2 hours b4 u wash spray the hair not scalp with the sea salt solutionthose will get u dreaduing fastadd beads to sections u worry bout

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
It IS part of the natural process. You are right playing with your baby dreads can undo what time is trying to form. Dreads go through an ugly duckling stage for many many months. In a year your hair will look like dreads. Just be patient they will tighten and straighten on their own. Embrace the loose hair. We all have some. It makes dreads unique. I personally love the little loose curls. Relax ....all you have to do is wash it and separate the little hairs that try to connect the dreads.
Zach2
@zach2
14 years ago
20 posts
thanks that is all i needed to hear...no problem with patience just wanted some assurance that its not for nothing....i will wash only twice a week, try the spray and keep my hands to myself and other tips are welcome
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
add a bead to any problem dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
Lucky you've got curly hair!Mine is bone straight, so it feels like it's taking longer...but yeah you're dreads will be completely messy for a while but just be patient :D
Zach2
@zach2
14 years ago
20 posts
haha ya i thought curly was good they just seem less dready which is frustrating, but i've regained confidence with the words of everyone on here thank you
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
they probably *seem* less dready because they're in that messy and unravelling phase, when in fact they're dreading up quickly.And it's true that if you feel good about your dreads, they look better.

Zach said:
haha ya i thought curly was good they just seem less dready which is frustrating, but i've regained confidence with the words of everyone on here thank you
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form