Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

maintaining dreads random thoughts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
a comment on my youtube got me thinkingwhat is the purpose of maintenance?when you take a car in for maintenance the goal is to keep it running good for as long as you cana tune up break check and oilchange can add years to the cars lifebut in dreads the maintenance many recomend are purely cosmetic and do great harm to the dreadits like a car thats rusting and falling apart you constantly repaint over the rust sealing in moisture to accelerate rust.maintaining dreads should follow the same philosophy as maintaining a car, doing whats healthy for the dreads so they lastolder dreads can use frequent oil changes (add some jojoba to keep em from being too dry)deep cleanses to keep them free from buildup and grungeofcourse detailing to make them look nice isnt going to make em run longer but wont hurtso beads are like pinstriping or custom paint jobs or mag wheels or a spoilernobody in theyre right minds would pour honey in theyre gas tanks or replace theyre oil with waxor take a pick axe and poke holes in the hood (well homer simpson did )but these are the kind of things we do to dreads to maintain themother sites might use maintenance as a term for doing crazy things that harm dreads but i think we should use it just for doing things that extend the life of dreads and keep them healthy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:50:28PM
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
completely agree! great post SE
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
14 years ago
411 posts
this is really well put! Love it!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha i get inspired sometimes

--
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
I did some maintenance last weekend, swimming in the ocean & building sandcastles in the wind. My dreads are running like a race car now!

soaringeagle said:
haha i get inspired sometimes
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
me too i took a shower and a nap

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i also maintained my measly bank account, we heard of 1 guy whos dreads were falling off who had spend 2000 a year for 7 years totaling 14,000 on dread maintenance so extending that to the 20 years ive been dreading thats like what 50,000?

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form