Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is there any way to prevent loose hair from being all over my house and everywhere i lay my head?

Odin
@odin
14 years ago
15 posts
Hii have a big problemwherever i rest my head there are alot of loose hair after me..on my pillow, my sheets, my friends sheet. on the floor , on the couch everywhere!!! its so annoying...i know its normal to loose a 100 strays of hair daily but sweet dreadlocks!! its disquisting for both me and the people o hang around with to always see a piece of me laying somewhere lol.. i know using a hat/beanie/ tam or whatever, helps but i dont like to use them that much.my friends likes to tease me and call it ball hair haha :Pdoes anyone else have a problem with that?i have straight black hair if that helps lolthanks for all your help :)
updated by @odin: 01/13/15 08:50:02PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how did u start dreading once your dreaded u should hardly loose any at all everbut i guess if u broke alot alot can find a way too fsll out i dunnoare u shure irs comming from u even?dreads should hold almost all shed hairs inside the dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
is the hair coming out by the roots or is it breaking off ?
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i lose tons of hair on a daily basis. its all over my house too and i usually wake up to a bunch on my pillow. i'm going the natural route and don't have any knots in my hair yet to hold them in. its really frustrating. i feel for you.
Odin
@odin
14 years ago
15 posts
i was stupid and back combed with dread perm and yes its coming from me lol i live in norway and there are not many of my friends who's got black hair haha, i also got alot of hair not attached to my dreads because i failed crocheting them a year ago
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
I am still a little confused. A headfull of loose hair is gonna shed at least 100 hairs a day.Dreads don't shed because it gets caught up in the dread. but if it is coming off in pieces/ breaking off....that is from damage. can't really fix damage. hair is dead protein ....emphasis here on dead. I suggest major conditioning if it is breaking off...can't heal it, but you can slow it down. and thank god you" failed "to crochet the loose ones....they may be the only healthy hair on your head.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
okthats what i thought was going ondread dammage from bad methodshow to prevent it from falling out wellhow old and tight are the dreads?how much growth of healthy natural dreadsu can hope they actualy lock and lock in the jair or grow em out chop off the crocfhered permed parts anmd allow the natural healthy dreads to growbut they are short still huhmaybe trim as they grow till you reach healthy hair? )9hate recomending cutting..lol)talk to pantera but my instinct says jojobaands aloe and vitamin eget thye hair healthy as can be (without unraveling so use very lil with care)try to prevent more breakage and loss

Odin said:
i was stupid and back combed with dread perm and yes its coming from me lol i live in norway and there are not many of my friends who's got black hair haha, i also got alot of hair not attached to my dreads because i failed crocheting them a year ago

--
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
but again...hair is keratin....which is basically dead protein......dead......can't revive the dead. You can moisturize but you can't fix what is damaged.
Odin
@odin
14 years ago
15 posts

taye said:
I am still a little confused. A headfull of loose hair is gonna shed at least 100 hairs a day.Dreads don't shed because it gets caught up in the dread. but if it is coming off in pieces/ breaking off....that is from damage. can't really fix damage. hair is dead protein ....emphasis here on dead. I suggest major conditioning if it is breaking off...can't heal it, but you can slow it down. and thank god you" failed "to crochet the loose ones....they may be the only healthy hair on your head.
it was because of the crotcheting i got all those loose hairs lots of hair broke from the root and grew out again..if you know what mean
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
collect the hairs in a pile take a picture make a thread "think crochetting dreads is good? think aagain!" write up your experiences with photos of the dammaged dreads and piles of hairuse your experience to educate others

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form