Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Are my dreads ok?

Canon P
@canon-p
14 years ago
50 posts
hey howz it going? this is my first time using the site so bear with me.ok so i backcombed my hair almost 2 months ago, simply because i love dreads. i think they look ok, but i live in Montana where NO ONE has dreadlocks. furthermore im home schooled so i really dont have anyone to give me advice.all i really want to know is weather my dreads are ok or not, and if not what i can do to make them better.here are a few pics so u can see my dreadlings. these are all taken today, less than 2 months in.
updated by @canon-p: 02/14/15 06:27:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the wax and gel are a very very bad idea especially the waxare they ok they look fine but they are caked in wax in order for them to be ok u gotta get that wax iut and put nothing at all in themread the dread wax truth and dread wax removal links in the menu

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts
HEY! I was homeschooled too! First time in a class room was intro to Psych in College...Any way. I'm just past the two months mark (backcombing) and while I'm no master dreader your's seem to be locking fine. I saw in your profile that you use wax, you should probably stop that. I've seen plenty of people on here say that they only used wax to start up, or very rarely but they still have ALL the wax they ever used still in their dreads. So stop with all the products, and check out the great info on here to get rid of that wax.Your hair is dreading a bit like mine though. Really knotty in the back, but kinda wispy on the sides. All you really need is to be patient. The notion I've picked up from here is that as long as you just leave your dreads alone there is really nothing to worry about; dreads do what they want, and will lock up on their own.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont worry dread wax and dread products in general ate the most common mistakeit is why so few dreads last more then a few yearsbut u can recover and save em and help em last

--
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
Your dreads look great! I started mine with wax too and it was all part of my journey! I'm grateful for ALL the experiences I've had thus far. I know that I like my dreads much better now that I don't do anything to them...I just enjoy the process! So stick around and you'll learn more then you could ever imagine from this site! :D
Canon P
@canon-p
14 years ago
50 posts
hey thanks! lol i just wasnt sure being one of the only people in a 30 mile or so radius that has em. do u know if they will thicken up cuz they r still way thinner then they are at the roots.thanx a million this site rocks!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
once the wax is out they will thicken to the root section size but that takes time they will shrink in length and thicken at the same time generally from 3-8 months they go through the shrinking and thickening stagebut yours might be delayed do to the wax and gelonce u get all the gunk out u will notice an accelerated dreading (not just a simulated dreading from compressing wax and hair into candles)stop palm rolling and all that and just concentrate on getting wax outafter that they will be free ti dread right

--
Canon P
@canon-p
14 years ago
50 posts
awesome. wax=the devil. got it.seriously thanx a thousand-fold mates!
MT_mommy
@mt-mommy
14 years ago
13 posts
Where in MT are you? We are in Red Lodge and I can think of 5 people off the top of my head that have dreads! It's not as uncommon as you might think...lol!Get the wax out and you'll notice major progress in a matter of a few weeks!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wax isnt the devil wax is concentrated evilthe wax pushers are the devils

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form