Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Six things city dwellers miss out on

RebelnYell
@rebelnyell
14 years ago
8 posts
I saw this article posted somewhere else and thought it would be beneficial to repost it here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ygreen/20101111/sc_ygreen/sixamazingthingscitydwellersmissouton Here is the list according to the article:1. Stars2. Fresh Air3. Peace and Quiet4. Greenery5. Sounds of Nature6. Animals and WildlifeThough I live in the suburbs outside of Philly (in jersey), I find the most impacting on the lsit being that stars. When I go on vacation or just go to a more remote area the stars in the sky are just amazing. I could spend so much time just staring at the sky.I also read the comments briefly and noticed one thing that wasn't mentioned in the main article. The commenter said that he or she doesn't have to worry about locking doors and cars and knows all the neighbors. Everyone was much friendlier. Though this is a generalization I feel that it still applies and is one of the most important factors. Well anyways yeah just though I would share this even though most of us already probably knew it.
updated by @rebelnyell: 01/13/15 08:49:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i lived in a crack hood in philly but because of how i transformed the hood i never locked my door or had to worry the entire neighbourhood protected me and even the lowest lifes knew it was a hands off polocy when it came to me or any of the others associated with the lots of love projectbut i agree when u get outtas the city and high up in the mountains (above 9,000 feet) the stars are minsdblowing and u can lie in the grass and stare for hours and hours)ill add mountains streems meadoews waterfalls the ability to run through the woods naked ..space and privacy wide open spacesofcourse living in a nowhere land u missout on some things from the city as welltheres way more to do in a citymore ppl to meetmore variety andculturebut huge cities like nyc and la would make me crazyof and dc is super depressingpersonaly im wanting to live somewhere far from everything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alyssa2
@alyssa2
14 years ago
35 posts
you live in the suburbs of philly? me too!very cool post.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yay all of us live in philly burbs lets all get together sonmetime

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
RebelnYell
@rebelnyell
14 years ago
8 posts
oh yeah waterfalls are great whether you just stand on the banks listening to them or actually go right under em. They are pretty refreshing and energizing.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form