Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sadness

Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
It is unbelievable to me how much animosity there is all over this site. For a people that is supposed to be all about love and peace and harmony I see more anger and discord on this website, through numerous threads, then I do in my every day life...which is shocking since I work with detoxing drug addicts on a daily basis! I was hoping for some love and acceptance on this site...alas...I guess humans are human no matter where I search for something different.
updated by @heather-b: 02/14/15 11:49:18AM
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
I didn't think I was joining a group full of capitalists sitting in their expensive apartments. I thought I was joining a group that practiced one love, peace in diversity. I would much rather here honesty too....sure, (purpose of this post) but what I see and hear here is more people judging others for the way they live their lives then honestly.I wasn't, by any means, calling any one specific person out. I was merely stating my opinion overall. Me being honest with how I feel and I wasn't pointing fingers. If someone took offense to my sadness, I'll be happy to keep it to myself next time.

Maxe said:
Well I know I personally can have a sharp, and maybe perceived as childish, tongue at times...but real love is respecting everyone - also those who are negative =)

If a person doesn't contain these negative vibes themselves there will not be any resonance-point in them and they will not be affected by reading negative things.

What do you mean by 'a people'?..hippies?....sorry but 95% of the old flower children I know are now capitalists sitting comfortably in expensive apartments...people just can't be generalized :P

Personally I prefer some honest negative emotions over a pretentious love concept any day....and sorry if that sounded negative but it's how I feel.
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
I love that..."cornered into...peace" It's interesting how un-peacful or uncomfortable peace can be. Something new and different and often viewed as boring! Ha! Today I'm soooo grateful for that boring side of peace...I do NOT want to go back to the form of excitement I used to engage in!Even this drama makes me slightly nauseous. If I can't avoid the drama threads soon then I may pack up my happy ass and leave too.

Micah Mapes said:
I understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, I do see this much animosity in the places I go. I'm around a lot of male machoism, one-uppingism, character assasinations, etc. It's strange you mentioned you worked with drug addicts. I used to be a counselor at a rehab, then back to being patient, then AA, then finally freedom from it all. I have been cornered into learning how to have peace in my life. Peace isn't exciting, but it contents me in a deeper way than anything the world will ever offer me. Deep, deep, down in me, I find You. That's is where my joy comes from. I think we have to see these arguments as what they are. Mind arguing with mind, but the being is in complete harmony with itself which is the other person.
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
That's the miracle! :D

Knottysleeves said:
Wow, your job sounds stressful. :-( Though I imagine it feels great when people successfully get through the detox and stay clean, eh?
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
Awesome! I see it happen all the time...that whole "judge not less ye be judged" thing...that was the point of the mirror post...exactly! :DWhen you had your experience of absolute peace how long did it last? I've felt that before...realized that all this is just a game anyway and felt complete faith and peace....problem was it lasted only for a moment before I took all worries and stress right back again, and I can't seem to learn how to bring it back. I believe it was a gift from the Divine so i wouldn't give up. I was struggling quite a bit at the time and it was like a carrot being dangled in front of my nose to keep me going just a bit longer.

Micah Mapes said:
Yea, I dont want my excitement back either. I've turned into a guy I once made fun of, but now I understand most of the people I judged. I always end up on the side of the fence I just condemned. Life has a way of showing what is real and what is just an opinion that we wanted to believe was real. I have many more opinions to be undone but I trust that my joy will increase as I deflate. Once I had this experience of absolute peace and it was as if I didn't exist at all. I was still alive and aware of the room, but the "me" disappeared for a second and it was a feeling I will never stop pursuing. I am the only problem I need overcome.
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
some people find it easier to "say" certain things via a computer then in real life...but not all the time I think a lot of the people here are genuine and passionate so it is normal that opinions are more "spicy". I think it's a good thing to have someone be more blunt once in a while, I believe we have become to sensitive in our politically correct world, afraid to say something someone might not like. I try my best to remain respectful when I express my opinion but I will not refrain myself from saying what I think just because it might hurt someones feelings...the important thing IMO is that you CAN express yourself with out some one kicking you out.So far I find that this place is far more tolerant then a lot of other forums I was on...funny the last forum I was on I started a topic and I was called a fascist, hippie, communist, authoritarian, I was ask how old I was an other said I had the opinions of a 15 year old all on the same page that's when I decided to leave...
Radha Das
@radha-das
14 years ago
14 posts
I read through the respones and you seem to be the only person I have ever encountered on this sight that seems to be mad and all of the things you have accused others for being. I have only found sweet nice people on here, maybe I have just been lucky, I don't know. Be happy life is short, find the nice people and leave the mean ones alone.
Kathleen1
@kathleen1
14 years ago
28 posts
ummmmm.....sorry you feel that way? (random!)
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
hmmm....sorry if I came across as mad...I never really thought I was mad about anything. Not sure what responses your talking about. Thanks for the reply tho'! Your right, as far as I need to find the nice people and leave the mean ones alone.... I've noticed that I tend to engulf myself in the drama of the forum instead of the positive feedback which there is a LOT of ... Thanks for the reminder of changing my focus.

Radha Das said:
I read through the respones and you seem to be the only person I have ever encountered on this sight that seems to be mad and all of the things you have accused others for being. I have only found sweet nice people on here, maybe I have just been lucky, I don't know. Be happy life is short, find the nice people and leave the mean ones alone.
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
yup! it was just my random thoughts and feelings! :D

Kathleen1 said:
ummmmm.....sorry you feel that way? (random!)
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form