Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thin/skinny dreadlocks! Help!

Heather Lawrence
@heather-lawrence
14 years ago
4 posts
So I have 2 month old dreads now, and got them done professionally while traveling in Mexico. The method used was crochet. I have about 32 dreadlocks, and I'm not happy because in the back, you can see my scalp inbetween the dreads. Will they eventually thicken up? Does anyone else have experience with thin dreadlocks? I hope they will fill out! I know now that crocheted dreadlocks are a controversial thing, but it's what I have right now and for the most part I'm satisfied with the individual dreads. I just wish they were fuller. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks guys! :-}
updated by @heather-lawrence: 01/13/15 08:49:05PM
Juniper Howe
@juniper-howe
14 years ago
10 posts
Hi.I had the same thing going on with mine in the back. Mine have thickened up and you can't see any scalp at all.They are soft and beautiful-I think anyway.I have a lot of loops and nice firm round core. I'm suprised at how fast they are locking up. I noticed a big change after I started using a new soap.I love it and it seems to be awesome for dreads.Blessings-Juniper
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Hey :)As long as you dont maintain with crochet they will relax. im on month 5-6 of crochet reocvery and they are fatter and softer...it will take time though :)Karen
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats just what u get when u get professionaly done crochertted dreadsthe only waty they will become thicker is to reverse the mess creatted by crochetwash and condition (use jojoba oil )that will loosen up the extreme tighteness of crochet so they fluff out and recover faster but u will also frizz like crazy fronm all the broken hairs caused by crochetthe frizz will settle down in a few months tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
aakifa
@aakifa
14 years ago
15 posts
firstly what is crocheting? i keep reading about it here now i know i could just google it but id rather ask ppl. any way i started the dreads i have no with two strand twists. and now theyre thinner than b4 but i was told theyre suppose to do that or do it when they get "tight" or somethn
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
crochet is a really dumb thing to do they take a tiny crochet needle and repeattedly poke it through the dreadf pulling hairs in as they do it causes extreme destruction and dammage2 strand twists will thicken up as long as u let them and dont keep twisting em to deathdreads thicken and shorten as they dreadthey thicken to about the section sizewhen u twist em all the time u will see real thin dreads comming outta sections twice the size with bald gaps around thatwith crochet its more extreme the dreads 1/3 the size it should be and are so tight they become more like wood then rope..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
They will fill out more as your hair continues to go through it's normal growth/shedding cycle.The scalp showing will go away also as the sections become looser.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form