Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Swimming in salt water

Rusty McDonald
@rusty-mcdonald
14 years ago
9 posts
Hello friendios, my dreads are about a week old and they were crocheted and backcombed. I read somewhere that salt water is good for dreads and helps them get drier and tighten up or something like that. So I went on a boat trip today and I went swimming in the sea and now my dreads are reaallyy reaallyy soft and frizzy. Does that happen before they lock up or something??? What should I do?ps: My face looks stupid in the picture and it's sunburned so ignore it :p
updated by @rusty-mcdonald: 01/13/15 08:48:41PM
Rusty McDonald
@rusty-mcdonald
14 years ago
9 posts
pps: This is how they used to look.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i think it looks good! from what i've read on here, crocheting your hair causes a lot of broken hairs. i think that might be whats sticking out. let them loosen up a bit and they will lock up really well.
supp
@supp
14 years ago
81 posts
Yeh salt water helps baby dreads.+ it dries out hair like the reverse effect of conditioner, even b4 you have dreads and go into salt water you can feel it sorta natty, but yeh dreads just take time. So salt water is good. Some ppl spray salt water in their hair to make it dread better (but it's a little hobo ish)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
wow i think they look a lot better now! It loos like they were crocheted really tightly! Maybe the swimming helped them loosen up a bit which in you case is probably a good thing. At this point there really not even dreaded yet so you just need to give them time to knot up and heal themselves from the crochet.
AciDreams
@acidreams
14 years ago
39 posts
"my dreads are about a week old"CHILLone week aint nothin
Michaelllllll
@michaelllllll
14 years ago
9 posts
Hey! im in almost exactly the same boat as you (minus the salt water swimming)But my dreadies were also crocheted and backcombed in about 2 weeks ago.. and they originally looked alot like yours (really tight and no loose hairs). After about a week though, the loose hairs were everywhere haha... I dont really the think the salt water had any negative effects, its really the negative effects of crocheting them in.But we are both still in the EXTREMELY early phases of dreading :) LONG way to go haha... i bet their going to look SWEET in the near future
Michaelllllll
@michaelllllll
14 years ago
9 posts
p.s., my dreads got REALLY soft too after around 4 days.. i was scared at first but now i kinda really like them soft.. more comfortable sleeps haha
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form