Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how to keep dreads from forming other more monstrous dreads

Brenna2
@brenna2
14 years ago
1 posts
I have had my dreads for 2 months. My problem is I didn't go all over my head and dread, I just dreaded the bottom layer under my regular hair... its a nightmare... I can't keep the dreads from pulling in other hair and growing and they also keep joining together to form huge dreads... I was stupid and frustrated so i used some beeswax thinking it would keep them from pulling in my other hair, but now all I have are greasy unmanageable dreads, and very little patience. How do I keep my dreads separated from the rest of my hair? I have slightly wavy hair. I have tried aloe but it doesn't seem to keep down the loose hairs or stop them from joining. I'm just a little frustrated.
updated by @brenna2: 01/13/15 08:48:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
seperate rip them pull the dreads away from eachother or dreads and loose hair do it whwen wetand get alll that nasty wax outyuckgod damn i hate those scummy companies that make ppl think putting wax in theyre hairs a good ideanow your stuck with waxy dreads..yuckdont worry though u can get it out not easily but u cansee the wax removal threads and button in the menuummif u keep seperating the rest will form new dreads and dreads are easier to keep seperate from dreads then loose hairs are so let it all dread and just keep the dreads seperated from eachotherin the links to the right see the seperating ripping popping guide

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarah14
@sarah14
12 years ago
17 posts

I would say this is the most frustrating part anout the dread process. I am always having to keep them separated at the roots. Sometimes I have to rip them apart and it worries me because its umcomfortable to hear your hair ripping and I dont want to lose my hair.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

get that wax out first thing for sure.

you can try some beads or wrap one every other section/dread so it makes it easier to figure out what belongs where. & just separate often as you need to, if that's a few times a day do it. they will calm down & you won't have to do if as often after a while.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form