Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

lame gift and words..... lol

neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
so i was over my dads house visiting cause he recently got back from out of town, and everything was cool, had a real nice visit and everything but right when i was going to leave he said oh wait i got you something, let me get it, so he goes off and comes back with this big ass comb.......... and i already told him before a while back when he told me to brush my hair that i was dreading it and thats what im going to do, so i was like "im cool" and he said " who ya trying to be, your indian, not rasta" so it was kinda a slap in the face, so i just told him " im not trying to be anything but me, and whats dreads got to do with being rasta, alot of cultures wore locks why before the rastas" and then i just said i got to go, rolled, i wasnt mad, more it was pretty funny to me.......so figured i would sharebut on a good note im starting to have alot of progress with my hair, its doing its thing, and even got some compliments, went to the bar to listen to a band cause i know the bass player, and we went out back to burn one, and this couple was out there and i got to talkin to this lady and she was like i love your hair, when you walked into the bar tonight, i noticed you cause it looks like your dreading your hair, and i told her yep, all natural, and just had a good time explaining the whole process, : ) but ill get some new pics up soon....
updated by @neil-coe: 02/14/15 05:34:11AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
at least irt wasnt scissorsoh and u can let him know theres a hopi rasta reggae band that blends reggae and hopiand wasnt there a tribe that wore dreads too seminole no i cant remember

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
14 years ago
48 posts
Lol i've had family do that to me, And with scissors... My grandma even called me a, Well idk it was like shame to her family. But i dont count myself as her family, Only my mom bros and sisters/nieces/nephew :P I love how your dreads are coming along, Now that i cant wear a hat at school, im dreading.. Lol all it took was to take my hat off, And i got a dread + a matted loopy knotty mess on the side that i sleep on, even though i try not to sleep on it i got lazy one day, and slept on my hair, and out came those big knots, Do you sleep on your hair? I am thinking of doing it since 1 night created knots im still balancing the pros and cons, lol
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yea i know he was just doing it to ruffle my feathers lol, i dont expext gifts so when he did say here i got you something i though he was serious lol and then it was a comb,,,,,, i was like too bad i quit lol
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
parents can b really weird sometime.....ppl say its impossible to understand women i say its impossible to understand parents lol.but on the good note ur hair is looking really nicehappy dreading brother
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
Good to hear about the compliments, sucks about how your dad is action......don't worry even my dads like that, he said cut your hair by next year if you don't then don't bother coming back home.....homeless i am then lol
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
thats a great idea, lol it would be so funny, now i wish i took the comb to re-gift........

rawsum said:
christmas is coming... regift it back to him :D

neil coe said:
yea i know he was just doing it to ruffle my feathers lol, i dont expext gifts so when he did say here i got you something i though he was serious lol and then it was a comb,,,,,, i was like too bad i quit lol
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
thanks man, and good for you with the little dready ya got going on, and i sure do sleep on my hair, i got so much of it i cant think of a way not to sleep on some of it lol, its just their, im not going to loose any sleep over it lol, i just lay down and dont worry about it, in fact i never worry about it, i haven't sectioned for a long time now, just wast and let it do its own thing

colbi godlove said:
Lol i've had family do that to me, And with scissors... My grandma even called me a, Well idk it was like shame to her family. But i dont count myself as her family, Only my mom bros and sisters/nieces/nephew :P I love how your dreads are coming along, Now that i cant wear a hat at school, im dreading.. Lol all it took was to take my hat off, And i got a dread + a matted loopy knotty mess on the side that i sleep on, even though i try not to sleep on it i got lazy one day, and slept on my hair, and out came those big knots, Do you sleep on your hair? I am thinking of doing it since 1 night created knots im still balancing the pros and cons, lol
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
oh boy! lol! It sounds like you handled it really well Neil! I find myself reacting the same way I usually just laugh it off. I was at the gas station yesterday and a middle aged man came up to me and asked me what I do to get my hair like that and I told him pretty much nothing I just wash it and don't comb it. He seemed genuinely interested and was very respectful then he says "oh well I guess it helps that you're tall" WTF?? It was pretty funny I have no idea what he meant! lol!
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
lolidk that pretty funny, i dont get that one either, but its cool he showed interest, and was respectful about it
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form