Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Be you

Shane
@shane
14 years ago
12 posts
So I thought it was really funny of the miss conception of dreads to people I know.Since i haven't combed or touched my hair I tell people around me that I 'm growing dreads and the first thing out of most there mouths are so your going to stop taking showers lol. I just kinda start chuckling like really that's what you think. I tell them I take a shower almost everyday and wash my hair 2- 3 times a week like your supposed to anyways I just don't scrub nor do I run my hands through my hair. I tell them how dreads are formed and it's is a long process ( journey). Some people look at me like I'm crazy then some think it's awesome. Finally my mom is coming around which wouldn't matter cause was going to do it anyways. I personally get humor out of peoples reactions. I have never cared what people thought of me nor will i start it's my body, my life i will try to educate people on things and if they still want to judge it's there problem. So everybody keep your mind strong and if people want to judge you negatively let them. It's your choice as long as your happy that's all that matters. Don't let there hatred bring you down The people who really matter should take you for who you are and let you be you! This goes for anything in your life too, not just your hair choice. Peace Love Be Free and most important be you!
updated by @shane: 01/13/15 08:47:39PM
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
I got the same response when I said I was going to dread my hair! "So you are going to stop washing your hair?" LOL Well, I guess people who aren't ever exposed to dreads don't really know anything about them, but how do these things get started?
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
couldnt say it any better dude. awesome post. and i get that "so do u like not was your hair " or even more frequently" how do u take a shower" lol. ppl are uneducated about dreads more frequently then not unfortunately but all we can do as dread heads or aspiring dread heads in some cases is to realize that for the most part they dont mean to come off rude they just seriously have no idea so what i do is usually try to explain it to as many ppl as i can. like i let strangers touch my hair and explain the methods to them and actually since i deal with the public alot the topic comes up almost daily sometimes a few times a day. its craziness how many ppl dont know anything about dreadlocks let alone dread maintenace especially since lately its not really that uncommon. i mean i personally know like maybe 10- 12 ppl who have had dreads in this area and those are just the ones i know about. but no matter how much we do try to educate there are still those ppl who hate anything diffrent. who just dont get it b/c of personal preference and look down on others for it. so as you say just be you and anyone who puts u down should be cut out or atleast ignored riiiiight. lol rock on dude!!!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form