Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads--drying tips please

Serenity North
@serenity-north
14 years ago
14 posts
Drying dreads takes forever even when they are short like mine .there has to be some trick i can do to help it out... blow dryers only get the outside of them dry ...and sitting in the sun isnt always available ..i usually just try to shower early in the day but my son doesnt make that easy ...I have heard the blow dryers with bags on them work well ..
updated by @serenity-north: 01/13/15 08:47:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
suns best fands work too i drip fry all day usialy or blow dry drip blowe drip blow drip all day long just like ill brlow em a few min 1st after the shower then drip awhile blow again any of the damper spots drip awhile blow..do it in stagesi dont worry biut getting it done too quick and only bother blowing if im cold

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Great idea.

Knottysleeves said:
What kind of towel do you use? Microfibre towels work amazingly for sucking up the water from wet dreads. You can get them at camping stores, hardware stores etc (sometimes they're marketed for car washing). I've heard the "ShamWow" works pretty good too but I haven't tried it.
Lord av Ormer
@lord-av-ormer
14 years ago
1 posts
i get a towel and position it so that it covers both my hands, then i tilt my head down and clap my dreads, it gets the majority of the water out
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I rub my dreads viciously with a towel, then blow-dry my roots. It doesn't much bother me when the bottom half is wet, only when my scalp is because I just don't like having cold water dripping down my scalp.
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
I shake mine out, squeeze, towel dry...I don't spend a lot of time on it tho...most of it is just air dry and I don't tend to worry about it too much. The only think I make sure of is I don't put them under a hat or tie them up or sleep on mine if there is any chance of them still being damp inside. I think ours is a similar length.
RootsRasta
@rootsrasta
14 years ago
64 posts
i just use a hair dryer [not on max setting]then let air dry
Serenity North
@serenity-north
14 years ago
14 posts
yeah thats exactly what I do ...but with a lil blowdryer at the end but it only really dries the outside

Heather B said:
I shake mine out, squeeze, towel dry...I don't spend a lot of time on it tho...most of it is just air dry and I don't tend to worry about it too much. The only think I make sure of is I don't put them under a hat or tie them up or sleep on mine if there is any chance of them still being damp inside. I think ours is a similar length.
Kathleen1
@kathleen1
14 years ago
28 posts
go for a walk in the park of something.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form