Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

thizz izzz urgentt

Elle
@elle
14 years ago
14 posts
HELPPPP i may even chop my dreads off...I mean i love them too much waaayy wayyyy too much and i ve felt the pain off chopping them off before ...but man my scalp is daaaaaamn itchy and everytime i wash it and i feel the roots i get like waxy white flakes..its starting to show now...and i m getting very depressed cos of it.thing is i ve never washed my hair alot...and since i got dreads it turned to be more scarce.since i get loose hairs and i m like noooooooooooo i have to fix my hair again 0.0.I never used wax if that helps.but i need someone to help me QUICK.I was gonna shave them today but decided ii should get on here and save them!
updated by @elle: 02/14/15 06:14:53AM
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
:( did you save them?
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
maybe try getting some strong dandruff shampoo.. not best in world for dreads.. but its better than non-existant ones! or dye it maybe it will kinda fry it a bit and help out.. that worked for me once..
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
tea tree oil. A few drops in a bucket (or a bath tub) and soak your scalp. Don't be afraid to wash your hair more and don't worry about loose hairs, worry about your scalp first.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wash your hair often stop carinmg about loose haiers u never need to fix them stop messing with them all u need to do is keep them cleanloose hairs are always there ignore them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
how often do you wash, if i may ask? and do you use baking soda / apple cider vinegar at all?
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
i have a good experience with baking soda-acv rince and rosemary + tee tree oils in the mix, basically the recipe from this site. generally if you have problem with yr scalp its usually down to what u r using to wash it, so change it and best to something more natural-less chemical, usually more chemical stuff causes more irritation.. and allways wash it when u feel its needed.
Pranee RN
@pranee-rn
14 years ago
23 posts
My son uses Nutrogena T gel for a wash, I used it once and it wicked dryed my hair. It is awesome for dandruf though. Maybe massage it into your scalp and then give your hairs a good acv rinse afterwards. At least it might help with the itchy and flakey! Much love to the dreads!
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
do u still have dreads? i know that alot of the time the more you itch your head the more the dandruff shows. i mean for my i use handmade vegan soaps but when my hair gets itchy and washing it with thats doesnt help the backing soda wash really works man. you should so totally try that. i mean alot of ppl put alot of ideas if i were you i would definately try all of these before cutting especially if u know youd regret it. doesnt hurt to try. i ve also heard about the tea tree things but ive also heard that to much could cause more dandruff. not sure how much is to much but i hope you didnt cut them:o( and it truly sucks that ur having this problem to dude. sorry i couldnt be any more help
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
oh by the way when u wash your hair make sure to really wash the scalp like a deep massage get all that stuff out of there. maybe even do it twice.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form