Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can anyone help me? im looking for a good dread tam pattern so that i can make myself a hat.

labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
well its pretty self explained but i was searching for like 3 hours and i just kept comming up with sites that show pictures of them or sites that sold them and im not really looking to buy one at first. Im just looking for something simple but i cant get onto alot of sites where im located because they have a strong blocking system here and because of that 90% of the sites i tried to go to for patterns i could go to because the site was blocked. I might buy one is some people that make them on here with wool are can post so pictures of some of the tams they have made and give me a general price that they would charge because i cant seem to access the store here it wont load the lists of items.
updated by @labmofgod: 01/13/15 08:47:21PM
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
Also if anyone knows how i would put a brim onto a tam that would also be very nice to know. Thanks
Beksta
@beksta
14 years ago
22 posts
I made a brimmed summer tam (with ventilation) last year...luckily I had the good sense to write down the pattern as I went (made it up as I went)....You can see the actual tam in my photos, it's green. Here's how I made it:

I used a 5.00mm hook, and 8 ply yarn for this tam.

(ch = chain; sc = single crochet stitch; ts = treble stitch)

* ch 5, connect to form ring.

* sc 15 sc into center of ring, join to beginning stitch.

* ch 3, stitch into same stitch. ts 2. ch 2. (repeat 3 ts, 2 ch around circle). join to beginning stitch.

* ch 3 and work again into same stitch and ts 2 into space behind the join. ch 2. Then work 3 ts into each 'space' (where the chain part of circle is, not where the previous ts are) separate each with 2 ch. Join to beginning stitch.

* ch 3 and work again into same stitch and ts 2 into space behind the join. ch 2. Alternate where you ts now - first into the middle of a bunch of previous row ts's, then space, mid of a bunch, space etc right wround...join to beginning stitch. Do this for 2 rounds/rows. Make sure you continue to ch 2 between each set of 3 ts.

* ch 3 and work again into same stitch and ts 2 into space behind the join. ch 2. Work 3 ts into spaces only, separating each set of ts with ch 2. Join to beginning stitch. Do this for 2 rounds/rows.

* (Now to decrease slightly to make the tam 'shape')...ch 3 and work again into same stitch and ts 2 into space behind the join. ch 2. Work 3 ts into space, ch2, work 3 ts into space, ch 2, work 3 ts into mid of next bunch, ch 2...repeat this right around, connect to beginning stitch. Do this for two rounds/rows.

* ch 3 and work again into same stitch and ts 2 into space behind the join. ch 2. Work 3 ts into mid of bunch 2 bunches over (not the immediate next one). ch 2. Work 3 ts into 2 spaces over (not the immediate next one - you gotta skip one of each in this decrease). ch 2. repeat right way around. Connect to beginning stitch.

* ch 3 and work again into same stitch and ts 2 into space behind the join. ch 2. Work 3 ts into every space again, separating each group of three by 2 ch. Connect to beginning stitch.

* ch 3 and work again into same stitch and ts 2 into space behind the join. ch 2. Work 3 ts into mid of bunch 2 bunches over (not the immediate next one). ch 2. Work 3 ts into 2 spaces over (not the immediate next one - you gotta skip one of each in this decrease). ch 2. repeat right way around. Connect to beginning stitch.

* ch 3 and work again into same stitch and ts 2 into space behind the join. ch 2. Work 3 ts into every space again, separating each group of three by 2 ch. Connect to beginning stitch.

* if this is the right size for your head (this fits me - remember it should be loose and floppy around your head, not tight!), then sc around whole thing to end-off. If you need it smaller, repeat the last two steps (prior to this one, in order, until size is achieved).

I can't give detailed instructions on making the visor, as it all depends on the size of your visor - I bought a cheap baseball cap and cut-up the existing visor and just made a 'slip' (double sided and using a single crochet stitch) to fit over it, then sewed it onto my tam from the underneath/inside of tam (so it would stick-out and not 'down' lol).
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form