Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lookin For new Friends/Dread assistance

Jeffery Franklin
@jeffery-franklin
14 years ago
3 posts
Hows it goin guys and gals. My name is Jeff Franklin. I just touched down in Denver about three weeks ago I moved here from mobile Alabama. Ive always wanted dreadlocks but never really knew how to start or go about it. So I figured finding some help and making a few new friends along the way would be Ideal. So if anyone is interested give me a shout or if you have any information Let me know....
updated by @jeffery-franklin: 01/13/15 08:47:09PM
Lacie Blaze
@lacie-blaze
14 years ago
39 posts
You're lucky... you have great hair to start natural dreads because of the texture. If you just quit brushing, it will start! :) There are alot of people on here with the same texture that you can probably get advice from! Good luck! I bet you would have fantastic dreads if you decide to go for it! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
welcome dreading is easy as can becan you lose your comb/?can you forget to use conditioner?if you can manage that then you know all you need to know to dreadwell..u should also seperate so they dont get hugesimple huh?or u can do twist and rip its a fine method if u have to look good right away for a careeerbut if u can go natural, natural is the way to go

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jeffery Franklin
@jeffery-franklin
14 years ago
3 posts
Im sold on the idea...I just want them to be unique and done right..and a lil help along the way...are you locking up naturally??
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh lookin at youir pic..definately should go naturalyour hair looks gfreat for natural dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jeffery Franklin
@jeffery-franklin
14 years ago
3 posts
Thanks.with natural dreads..thats the same as the neglect method correct?
Lacie Blaze
@lacie-blaze
14 years ago
39 posts

Jeffery Franklin said:
Thanks.with natural dreads..thats the same as the neglect method correct?
Same thing! Its really easy, basically just switch from shampoo to Baking soda and dont brush! :)
Bryce Forrest
@bryce-forrest
14 years ago
32 posts
Yes, I'd say natural (neglect) method is for you. Your hair will be messy, tangly, and soon enough, down right dready in no time. This is the place to ask questions... but you'd be surprised how little there is to it. It's so called "neglect" for a very good reason. :)) But don't believe what you may have read... some websites, in an attempt to sell you useless products, will tell you neglect dreads take 2-3 years to even start. Ridiculous. Feel free to look at my pics (there are better examples than me of course). In 2 months I've got all kinds of awesomeness. Haha. Just feel free to hang around here. This site is a pretty incredible place, with some pretty incredible people :)Peace and love,--Bryce
leiah m
@leiah-m
14 years ago
1 posts
hello jeff! and everyone else here... Im a newbie here. I started dreads about 3 months ago with the twist and rip method. I agree you should go with the neglect method... but if you were wanting to help them form I would go with the twist and rip method, I tried back combing too but didnt like it.I started a blog about dreadlocks, About mine and other, tips and tricks, and so on. links in my profile.
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
14 years ago
48 posts
Sup bro, Welcome to the community :P Locks happen naturally, With or Without any help, If you want to have control over the natural process then when you start locking up, You can keep them seperated to keep em from being to big, But i am letting them grow however they want, Not seperating. Although i'll prob have a massive one in the back. My personal opinion on dreads are natural is the only way to go, Crochet/Twist and rip just damage your hair, and your dreads will prob fall off over time, From what i've seen :P Natural dreads last until they get past your feet and start getting warn out by stepping on them, and ends prob get britill but thats talking over 20 years of locks, Neglect/natural locks are as unique as they come, Like fingerprints your not going to see two people with the same lock, Or prob have a identical lock on you, So if you want unique, Thats where you wanna be, Even more unique, Neglect dreads like any dreads really can combined over time with no seperation, So the smaller locks you start with, maybe if you let it in 6 months will be 2 small locks making a medium, Just an example. I only know one human to cut natural locks off and thats cause he got them when he was using and LOL it was a part of his steps... He HAD to cut em off to get clean.. But i've seen/know a dozen people who have created their own locks, and longest they kept them was i'd say 4 months before she gave up waxing and all the maintence on them, Stick with this site, look around. And you will know what way to choose, Peace and blessings bro! Hope to see ya locking soon :P
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form