Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

important constroversial solution to the scams please read and reply..need opinions

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok so there is a way we can end these scams permenantluybutwe will risk losing a real small percentage of legit trafic (1 sec let me look at the stats)ok theres a site trafficcleaner.com that will block all traffic from known scammer nations (countries where the most scams come from) that is libia ghana and nigeriain the past year166 visits from nigeria57 ghana4 libiasome are legit trafficcompared to total trafic itrs nothing so would be no great lossbut not exactly fair to legit trafic from therebut it would end the scamssoo..what do u think?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/19/15 11:19:07PM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
sounds good to me, here at home is where the biggest effect is happening, and you can change it in the future if you choose to.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok well..i decided on a workaroundevery page in the sites blocked that is a part of the sitei made a page here www.dreadlockssite.com/blockedip.html anyone from ghana or nigeria that visits will be directed there and can request an exception and be added to our whitelisti may add libia too if any more get through but if the=y doif 1 more scammers on while they are on click the whosamongus thing under the traffic counter then click readers and then the ungrouped button i think it says recentlook through the list find the country of orgion of the suspect (will probably say ther are posting comments)let me know and ill block em

--
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
Great solution and allows the legit ones through with a request. :) soaringeagle said:
ok well..i decided on a workaround
every page in the sites blocked that is a part of the site
i made a page here www.dreadlockssite.com/blockedip.html
anyone from ghana or nigeria that visits will be directed there and can request an exception and be added to our whitelist

i may add libia too if any more get through but if the=y do
if 1 more scammers on while they are on click the whosamongus thing under the traffic counter then click readers and then the ungrouped button i think it says recent
look through the list find the country of orgion of the suspect (will probably say ther are posting comments)
let me know and ill block em
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
exactly i thought it was fair and would definately block the scammers and the blocked ip page specificly said we are blocking the whole country because of them i doubt any scammers would dare try to get past thatand ive talked to enough on myspace to spot them instantly..loli would talk to em before reporting em just to be sure they were scams and then id tell em exactly what i thought of them

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form