Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loops and strays

Jon
@jon
14 years ago
7 posts
I am about 2/3 months into the dreading process and need some help. first is with these "loops" forming on about 5 dreads. i call them loops but it almost seems like a portion of the dread is trying to escape. at first i would just rub the offender against my palm for a bit and it would settle in for awhile. But now that they are starting to get a little tighter, that isn't working. any advice to get these suckers back in there?Second problem, i have quite a few strays in the front above each of my temples and a few in the back at the bottom. I was thinking of crocheting them in but firstly my dreads aren't mature so i don't want to pull out more hairs in the process. Secondly my hair is pretty long (down below my shoulder blades) so that's alot of crocheting....
updated by @jon: 01/13/15 08:46:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its not a problem it meansd its dreading stop rubbing your dreads and let them dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and dont crochet ever crochet is sooooooooooooooo bad for dreads

--
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Congrats your dreads are locking completely normally :)The loops are created when the dreads tighten, they usually go away once they're mature.You only have them on 5 dreads? wait and you'll see more! I'm 4 months in and I don't have a single loop-less dread :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how do knots form if hairs dont loop?what your pannicking over is called dreadingwhat id worry about is why you are pannicking over loopsu must think that dreads should look like u see on those sites selling dread kits? those arent dreads they are canflesdid u use wax? if so all u should be conmncerned about is getting wax out of your dreads...if you can..now look around here at the picsloops are totaly normal..and desired early on n they are signes of actual not faked dreading (faked dreading means rubbing rolling trying to foerm dreads)stop all that let them go wild and dreadin 9 months those loops will be texture that gives them charachterand the loops almost all will get sucked in and disapear...and you ewill miss themlooser hairs..well all dreads are is loose hairs that were left alone to knot up and lockso..leave them alone and they will knot uo and lock..when they are ready..dont evfen try to force it or you will be preventing itand even when they lock..more will appeear u will never be free of loose hairsleave em alone and u will have constant new dreads being born

--
Jon
@jon
14 years ago
7 posts
didn't use any wax, i just didn't want the loops to stuck out there permanantly. the stray hairs bother me because they don't stay in a ponytail and are always getting in my face, which really bothers me
Billy stafford
@billy-stafford
14 years ago
11 posts
okay, i was in the same boat you are in...my baby dreads are looped really bad but i do not care. that is what happens when you have knots. my are getting worse but it will take time. and as for the stray hairs.....for me, my dreads were started by twist and pull, so my strays i just gather them up and make a new one. i keep my dreads as thin as i can, some are not thin and some are really fat. SO PLEASE do not worry to much. it will all work out in the end.
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
I love my loops I got a dread that straight up looks like a big Z, those loops and ziggys are your dreads fingerprint, they are what separates your dreads from everyone elses, they are unique and 100% all yours, keep knottin :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form