Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wash, wash, wash the dandruff away(what works best for you?)

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Hey hey, I just wanted to say I've been dreading for about a month now (started over) I use the BS and some herbs (rosemary, lavender, and peppermint). Sometimes I don't get dandruff and sometimes I do. Is it probably because of the BS (arms and hammer) ?? I use 10 drops of RM, 5 of L, and 10 of PM.But a while ago I got bad dandruff, I kinda learned not to scratch it and just rub it. Wearing my tam also helps me from scratching, but I have blonde hair and you can see the big chunks of dandruff in mi hair. Any help would be great! :)
updated by @aaronthelegend: 02/14/15 01:52:30AM
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
baking soda washing and acv rinsing cured mine and a friends dandruff completely. are u washing with baking soda and then rinsing with apple cider vinegar? dont mix em together defeats the purpose.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
O ha ha see I mixed them only ONCE and that was 3 days ago that was a dumb mistake.But I don't use the ACV all the time because that's more of a conditioner I've read from other people. orbit2332 said:
baking soda washing and acv rinsing cured mine and a friends dandruff completely. are u washing with baking soda and then rinsing with apple cider vinegar? dont mix em together defeats the purpose.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Peppermint oil about 8-12 drops into my Baking soda washIts the only thing that works for mestops dandruff and itchiness, all that
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Fo sho fo sho.I wet my hair first with warm water, then I fill a milk jug with some BS (random measurement) then add about 1/4 water shake it up pour it on mi head, leave it in for 10 minutes rinse with ice cold water. Then put 10 drops of rosemary, 5 drops lavender, 10 drops peppermint with 1/2 the jug of ice cold water, then leave that in for ten minutes then rinse with ice cold water.I use a 1 gallon milk jug. Chewin Change said:
yeah acv is too conditioning for our age of dreads.

can you please describe how you are washing? details are important. down to the tbps.. cup... amount of time soaking... temperature. etc..

that way we can better help ya.

Matthew
@matthew
14 years ago
109 posts
Eucalyptus oil will do you good.As well as patchouli oil.I've suggested it loads of times on this site. No one listens, lol.C'mon, I have psoriasis on my scalp, and it works.Oh well. I'm flake free! :D
Lisandre Tessier
@lisandre-tessier
14 years ago
17 posts
I think I'll start using patchouli oil, if only for the smell :)But seriously, the miracle touch for me is rinsing for 3 to 4 minutes, with cold water.I don't know why, but it really works :)
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Patchouli oil????psoriasis???? Matthew said:
Eucalyptus oil will do you good.
As well as patchouli oil.

I've suggested it loads of times on this site. No one listens, lol.
C'mon, I have psoriasis on my scalp, and it works.

Oh well. I'm flake free! :D
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
I do take hot shower, but I don't get it in my hair. So idk...maybe BS and Oils just aren't my thing...can't wait till they finally LOCK and I can wash my hair with head and shoulders once in a blue moon. Desirae Rose said:
I have a strong feeling dandruff is a result of a dry scalp and lack of moisture. To cut down on dandruff, check your water temperature. Often, people use water that is too warm. The result being dandruff, and it only gets worse, because the hotter the water, the more moisture is sucked out of the skin, making dandruff worse. Your dandruff could also be a result of what you use and how often you handle your hair. You might be causing your scalp to be a bit irritated, and that can lead to dandruff issues, too.
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
What is considered still "too baby" of dreads for using ACV ? lol..

Chewin Change said:
yeah acv is too conditioning for our age of dreads.

can you please describe how you are washing? details are important. down to the tbps.. cup... amount of time soaking... temperature. etc..

that way we can better help ya.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form