Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new here with just a couple day old dreads :)

nini
@nini
14 years ago
19 posts
hey what's up everyone?I thought id join after I got my dreads lol. I got them monday night and sense then I've been sooo in love and a little bit paranoid.A lot of people tell me I dont have to do anything, and then other people tell me I have to do a lot for new dreads.... I don't care how they end up - all dreads look amazing to me. I'm just paranoid about, idk, having to start over, having to cut my hair off so soon or something.I always feel like my dreads look horrible and are coming undone when I cant see them. When i do see them they look amazing (to me anyway ha ha). its a still frustrating but I am prepared to do anythin for my babies<3 all 40 of them ha haanywayyyyyyyyyy i just love dreads so much, I wish I knew more people with dreads. I feel like it should come back in style, yeah? maybe itll be trendy one day, ha ha ;P
updated by @nini: 02/14/15 09:42:53AM
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
dont do anything but separate ur dreads. if u dont wanna loose them then DONT maintain them. if u root rub itll cause weak spots and can easily break. ull be much happier and so will your hair and scalp if u DONT maintain them. if ppl try telling u to work on them and they dont have dreads i wouldnt listen cause they obviously dont know anything about dreads. im a testimony as well before i found this site i used to work on my dreads. i stopped and my hair dreaded itself amazingly, yet my longing for natural dreads and the amount of damage i did to my old dreads made me cut them off, now im starting over no maintenance.im really glad u love u dreads, and welcome
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea fools for fashion work on theyre dreads hours and hours only to have em just for a couple years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
nini
@nini
14 years ago
19 posts
oh, I don't get it...are you telling me to go the neglect way now...?would that be easier now that I have gotten them done or something?
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
yeah for sure there in already right? all twist and rip and backcombing is, is just a way to start them off. now all u gotta do is separate the dreads by ripping them apart when they start to grow together so u dont get a beavertail (mono dread). if they appear to be loosening up dont be afraid that s what they do. they will knot themselves without any help from u, they ll just be adjusting themselves and knotting up. it takes time but just enjoy the process and love the journey. if u want long lasting great awesome locks then dont maintain them. good luck
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
o and wash em, i would wash mine a couple times a week or just once a week. clean hair dreads up much better and faster, i love the baking soda wash with apple cider vinegar rinse. it works wonders.
nini
@nini
14 years ago
19 posts
uhh yeah thanks for that ;) i will try it out. so i shouldnt do anything.... not even add and elastic band at the top? and should i wait the 1 or 2 weeks to start washing or something or should I just wash now then??? orbit2332 said:
o and wash em, i would wash mine a couple times a week or just once a week. clean hair dreads up much better and faster, i love the baking soda wash with apple cider vinegar rinse. it works wonders.
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
definitely NO rubber bands. those hinder the locking process, dreads need freedom and movement to knot, rubber bands prohibit movement. they can also, if left in, melt and mold into the dread becoming one with the dread, and ull never be able to get it out. rubber bands are bad for dreads. u got your dreads in on monday? i would just wash with baking soda and acv rinse every monday. ur hair will get used to the routine and your scalp will start producing less oils. it may seem like they take a step backward when u wash em but they really dont, they re just knotting up and doing what dreads do. dont panic when u wash its normal for them to seem "looser" its all part of the process
nini
@nini
14 years ago
19 posts
awwh thanks everyone, if it weren't for you guys i would have been doing dreads the damaged way! natural method all the way <3
Ashleyymarie.
@ashleyymarie
14 years ago
8 posts
IMHO the best route is natural:) Just leave them be (don't stop separating though) and they'll do their own thing. Btw, they never went out of style;) Lol. I've only been letting my hair dread for 11 days so I'm definitely not the most experienced, but I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Have fun! :) Oh, and I've been washing my hair every two or three days, I don't see anything wrong with it and my hair has still been making wonderful progress.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form