Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help me out!!

katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
im using aloe vera gel for my hair and its makin it real real dry. what else can i use??!
updated by @katrynn: 02/14/15 01:52:29AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
nothing is the best choice IMHO. I think you may be better off just trying to get used to the frizz. Do you have African textured hair? I've heard a lot of people say that type of hair gets very dry with aloe. Tie it back with a scarf if you have to but try and accept your hair as it is for the most part. You'll have many messy days to come! Many Blessings
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea best to9 use nothing and when u really must treat dryness a few drops of jojoba

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
I'm okay with frizz. And yes I have African and Native Amerian hair, I just don't like the dryness...thank you

NaturalWomyn said:
nothing is the best choice IMHO. I think you may be better off just trying to get used to the frizz. Do you have African textured hair? I've heard a lot of people say that type of hair gets very dry with aloe. Tie it back with a scarf if you have to but try and accept your hair as it is for the most part. You'll have many messy days to come! Many Blessings
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
Okay tank you

soaringeagle said:
yea best to9 use nothing and when u really must treat dryness a few drops of jojoba
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
interesting, aloe vera is actually conditioning and shouldn't be drying it out in any sense, however there are many many things you can try, even as an additive to your current soap,, which leads to my question, what do you wash with right now? lol*edit* SE's jojoba suggestion didn't appear till now, but that'd be one of the first things I'd say to check out, or some combination of that with vitamin e,if you use Dr bronners, alot of (at least the liquid soap) has that already in it with some other essential oils and it keeps your hair in good condition.
Matthew
@matthew
14 years ago
109 posts
Patchouli oli helps loads! I mix it in my ice water wash! :DNot only does it condition, it makes your hair smell yummy!(:
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
Lol okay, ill try that=)

Matthew said:
Patchouli oli helps loads! I mix it in my ice water wash! :DNot only does it condition, it makes your hair smell yummy!(:
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
I'm using it so my hair will be healthyand mousturized

Affiong Harris said:
i didn't think aloe vera would do that..... u should probably just not use anything for a while. what were u using it for?
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
I know but it's doing the total opposite=(lol I'm using *softsoap brandand I'll check out that jojoba and dr bornners stuffthanks mann=)

Iain said:
interesting, aloe vera is actually conditioning and shouldn't be drying it out in any sense, however there are many many things you can try, even as an additive to your current soap,, which leads to my question, what do you wash with right now? lol*edit* SE's jojoba suggestion didn't appear till now, but that'd be one of the first things I'd say to check out, or some combination of that with vitamin e,if you use Dr bronners, alot of (at least the liquid soap) has that already in it with some other essential oils and it keeps your hair in good condition.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form