Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stubborn dandruff

The Rapture of Exile
@the-rapture-of-exile
14 years ago
33 posts
Ok, I am about 10 or 11 months in now, and my hair is doing good except for occasional oiliness and dandruff. Here's what ive been doing lately:I wash with the BS vinegar method described on here, but I use only a tsp or tsp and a half BS to about 3/4 gallon water. I stopped using the ACV because it made my hair kinda sticky. however, i started using dr.b again cuz of oiliness. I've heard of sage and herbs like that, but i don't know a good combo of herbs to make a tea to tackle *both oiliness and dandruff. Any suggestions?
updated by @the-rapture-of-exile: 01/13/15 08:45:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
odd bronners usualy makes u sticky and to deal witch dandruff u want to use way more bs/acvdandruff teaqtree rosemaryoiliness thymebotthhot or warm wash...cold rinsethe cold rinse makes alotta difference

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
peppermint oil added to the backing soda wash is the only thing that works for me. The tea tree and rosemary didn't come close to the results I have with peppermint oil but different strokes for different folks.Peppermint is strong so be careful not to get in your eyes, flush with water if you do (happens to me all the time lol)
Dayna
@dayna
14 years ago
7 posts
I've had that problem too. I've found it just took my head a while to adjust to things. I was really bad oily / flaky, especially around 9 to 10 months. (the same each time, I've had dreads 3 times.) Pre-dreads, my hair was super oily, it was hard to go 2 days without washing it.I've found my head eventually gets past this "stage". I'm 2 1/2 years in now with these dreads. No oil, no flakes. I even recently cut some bangs, and their not oily either. I don't know about you, but my flakes came from so much oil build up, it made gunk on my head, then dried out. (eeww, I know.)Good luck, I know it sucks.
The Rapture of Exile
@the-rapture-of-exile
14 years ago
33 posts
thanks guys, I used a more liberal amount of baking soda today with the acv and hot cold rinse, and i feel definite improvement - - I hope to kill the rest of the flakies with the next wash!
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
@ The RaptureI make up a tea of rosemary and thyme to use before my BS rinse, then after the BS I rinse with equal parts water and ACV. Here's a link to Mountain Willow's herb list, it's great knowledge to have. http://www.dreadlockssite.com/xn/detail/3754945:Topic:11068 @ Chewin ChangeYou may want to consider using the vinegar rinse on occasion, I've read in many of your posts that you dislike it, but BS throws the PH balance of your hair off, makes it more acidic, which can make it weak and brittle and at risk of some serious damage occurring. The vinegar restores the PH balance of your hair, it's a conditioner. I water mine down because it seems too strong other wise, you may want to try it out, I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to your hair.
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
just lookin out, and if it's not your thing, then it's not your thing. I just get overly worried for people, lol.
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
oh I doubt that you've got any real damage, it'd take years to do that, I'm sure your fine, but prolonged.... could be hazardous.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form