Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baby dreads.. should I switch shampoos?!

Lacie Blaze
@lacie-blaze
14 years ago
39 posts
So right now I'm using a great shampoo that cleans my hair very well. The only problem is, it seems my hair is softer and smoother with this shampoo than any of the shampoos that have a bunch of residues in them. I've been waiting until my dreads form to start using the bs vinegar rinse, cuz I dont want to mess up the few tangles and knots I have been able to start. But, I read on someones post today that the bs made their hair progress pretty quickly and they were in their first week as well.Maybe I'm just scrubbing/touching too much?! My hair usually gets tangles no problem... until now... :-\ I've attached a few pictures, and it may look like its starting off pretty well, but usually my hair is more "dreaded" than that after a full nights sleep.. I'm so confused! Any thoughts on what may be happening?
updated by @lacie-blaze: 01/13/15 08:45:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what shampoo is it? its never too early to use baking soda

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lacie Blaze
@lacie-blaze
14 years ago
39 posts
EarthBath w/ Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
aloe will make em fall apart so yea switchill look up te ingredients

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its a pet shampoo..loollooks great for pets not great for dreads

--
Lacie Blaze
@lacie-blaze
14 years ago
39 posts
Its a animal and people shampoo! lol. :)Ok, so I'm going to be washing my hair either tonight or tomorrow. Would you say its better to pour it over your head, or just submerge your head into it?Thanks for the help :) I'd be lost without this site.
The Rapture of Exile
@the-rapture-of-exile
14 years ago
33 posts
I pour it on my head, but if your hair is longer you could dip it in too. But, you want to be sure to soak down your scalp especially. The scalp needs cleaning more than the hair does... from what I understand
Lacie Blaze
@lacie-blaze
14 years ago
39 posts
So I dipped it and kinda moved my head around in the bowl for a bit. I let it sit for around 10 mins and rinsed. My hair is already looking way better! Its got alot more lumps bumps and knots as its starting to dry! :) Yeah, this is way better than the other shampoo!I can't thank you enough for all your advice!
Lacie Blaze
@lacie-blaze
14 years ago
39 posts
Yeah, I just kinda threw my head into it, and picked up water with my hand to put on the back of my head where the water hadn't gotten to yet. lol. But, after only 1 time of doing it, I woke up and checked to see how it was doing, and my bf and I were both shocked as to how much of an improvement from just that 1 wash. :) Worked wonders... I'm thinking about starting a "timeline" video when I get a bit farther through! Chewin Change said:
bakingg soda. no scrubbing...

make sure you're at least using the pads of your fingers to get whatever your washing with to soak your scalp... the more gentle the better. if you can get your hair and scalp clean by touching it minimally you should be just fine.

if you wanna make sure your scalp is covered you can submerge your head too.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form