Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Where to buy a wool tam, not online?

Cargo Chick
@cargo-chick
14 years ago
28 posts
All I have is cash right now, but I'm usually an online-only shopper. Where can I find a tam in the real world? I'm not familiar with the types of stores that would carry these...?
updated by @cargo-chick: 02/14/15 03:51:45AM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Hey Cargo Chick! Just to let you know, I make tams too. You can look through my pics and see my work if you like. I have made tams for a few members here and they can give you their opinions. I charge $25, which includes shipping to you. They are all wool and I can make it as simple or fancy, colorful or plain as you prefer. My standard size holds alot of hair! I would be happy to help you out if you like....just throwing it out there. Besides me there are other members who crochet and knit but I am not sure who is able to get with you right now....hope that helps ya'! :D
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Hey raw sum...I never intended to make it a business but I love to do them and am willing to work for my dready friends!! XD I have made tams for Neil, Netty Mey, Shaggy, Tyler Durden and am in the process for Paula...most folks send a money order but I am also been sent cash (think the money order is safer!). Would love to create something for you...let me know! rawsum said:
Sorry panterra, I knew of your work as well .. and admire it.. and will be making a request soon too .. I guess a money order could be sent and take care of the 25 bucks.. my intention was to just give some ideas for local purchase :) ..

do you take paypal as a rule? or how does one pay ?

Panterra Caraway said:
Hey Cargo Chick! Just to let you know, I make tams too. You can look through my pics and see my work if you like. I have made tams for a few members here and they can give you their opinions. I charge $25, which includes shipping to you. They are all wool and I can make it as simple or fancy, colorful or plain as you prefer. My standard size holds alot of hair! I would be happy to help you out if you like....just throwing it out there. Besides me there are other members who crochet and knit but I am not sure who is able to get with you right now....hope that helps ya'! :D
Doctor Mac
@doctor-mac
14 years ago
1 posts
I make wool tams from my sheep, Freckles and Shannon. Let me know if interested.

Netty Mey said:
Panterra's are AWESOME!! I have a funky Green one! Its the one in my avatar lol:) she knits too!! ;-)
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
..I just go to hobby stores and pick out my favorite yarns, then crochet a tam together as I please. While I do crochet tams, I don't sell them, and encourage everyone to pick up crocheting or knitting... it's a great hobby to have while you're waiting on your dreads to mature... I call them 'patience hobbies'. I also started making my own peyote stitches to pass the time. ^-^
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Hot Topic (ok I know, cheesiest store EVER! But my kids like to laugh at the t shirts lol!) has them but they look super small and are wicked expensive IMO. I try to buy handmade whenever possible.
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yea she made a few for me and evan one for my 4yr old son, and they all are so very nice..... she does very nice work and she is the shit lol i love panterra and the work she does...

Panterra Caraway said:
Hey raw sum...I never intended to make it a business but I love to do them and am willing to work for my dready friends!! XD I have made tams for Neil, Netty Mey, Shaggy, Tyler Durden and am in the process for Paula...most folks send a money order but I am also been sent cash (think the money order is safer!). Would love to create something for you...let me know!

updated by @neil-coe: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dragonfly
@dragonfly
14 years ago
47 posts
OMG your pic is sooooo adorable neil coe! What a precious little man!!
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
thanks so much dragonfly
owen thompson
@owen-thompson
14 years ago
19 posts
really? cotton material for a tam isnt good? thats what mine is made of maybe i should change it up lol Chewin Change said:
nice so you're really close! awesome.

and ya make sure to use 100% wool because other fibers like acrylic, cotton, polyester and such separate your hairs whereas the wool attracts them to each other.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form