Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP!!!! please read!ADVICE seriously needed!

jaxie
@jaxie
14 years ago
4 posts
so ive had dreads for about 4 months now and have a bit of new growth and new hairs... and honestly ive looked all over on this site and ive found tons of things that you arent supposed to do but none that you are. Now i was just wondering how exactly get new growth to lock up, what to do with loose hairs, and i was wondering how to fix a hole in the middle of one of my dreads.
updated by @jaxie: 02/14/15 07:27:19AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yikes were u crocheting? there really is absolutely nothing to do about loose hairs and new growth except leave it alone completely if you leave it alone it will take care of itself just be patienta hole in the middle? why is there a whole in it? pics plz but pretty much the same just dont mess with it u can put a bead over it and it will most likely close upwhat have u done to your dreads so far?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh right u used wax well getting the wax out so they can dread would be a big helponce the wax is out they can move and dread

--
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
New growth locks on it's own...you don't need to do anything :)
jaxie
@jaxie
14 years ago
4 posts
well u guys are awesome. i honestly didnt have any clue about that no wax stuff until now and im glad i caught it early... i just went and took an extremely hot shower and ust from that alone and letting the dreads run under the water i got so much shit outta my hair from the wax. and tomorrow im gonna let it soak in some boiling water. good idea yes?also,so there is nothing at all i do to help new growth lock up or already dreaded hair stay put?? im a little confused but trust you guys. could you please give me some tips tho as to how to go about the next few months anything i do to them at all? now i was using some organic lock tightening gel, is that also out like the wax or is it pretty much the same as aloe ?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its aloe and its ok for african hair i wouldnt use it u do9nt need it hair dreads best when clean with nothing in it although sea salt does help save the gell for when u need conditioning or need to tidy up for a formalboiling can help get some out yes but be very carefuland if u got alot out already then u had a whole lot in there so u might be surprised when its all out by 2 things 1 how little it actualy dreaded in the 3 months and 2 by how much more dreaded it is in the next month wax freeroght now u have wax caked backcombed hair in order for that to even look like dreads u have to work work work cramming the hair into wax but it wont really dread till the wax is outnow after u boil out the excess there will still be a good bit in there so then use dawn dish soap and 1 of the wax removers and keep trying to get wax out long after u think its all goneat that point u will see them dreading more and more and u wont have to do a single thing to themu see my dreads? the 1st week or so i played with em lil twirling round a finger or twisting between my fingers mindlessly not really trying to do9 anything and i dunno if it speeded up or slowed down the dreading but thats all i did and only while at work out of boredom.. that and threw a few beads in some perfectly straight hair..few weeks later i had a head full of dreadsi never palm rolled i never rubbed twisted or messed with them at allthe only thing i did and do recomend is seperate them to prevent congosthe last 3 years havent even done thatonce the wax is gone they will dread on theyre own if u do nothing at all

--
jaxie
@jaxie
14 years ago
4 posts
soaring eagle man your a veteran as im sure you know and thanks for your help i appreciate it. so round two tomorrow...boiling again. also where can i find that splash spray?? is it only on the net?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
he used a whole jar of wax in 3 months this is go9nna be a full recovery progect and the best test of the new wax removers to datei dunno your financial situation the body splash is about 30 bucks i think (but thay also alows u to sell it to help clean up other waxy dreads) the other is cheaper and does seem to work, not as quickly or thin it out as well but both products seem to worksoif your financial situuations not great (mine isnt either but u are the best test subgect we got) i guess i can help cover the cost if your willing to try both products and review the resultsbut keep in mind my financial situations probly worse then anyone on here so if u can afford em do..but i can help out if u cant especialy since youd be helping to determine how well they do work

--
jaxie
@jaxie
14 years ago
4 posts
you got a good heart man i honestly am in a horrible position don't know whose is worse and what not but ill take your word for it and at the same time i do appreciate your offer but can not except. I am going to get this body splash its just if i have to get it off the internet it will have to wait until next week and in the mean time i will just try and rid as much wax as possible between now and then. do you think i could find it on the street anywhere thought?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no its an online companybut u know u might be able to actualy make some money off it if your motivated they do have a whole lot of really healthy products and u can sell them if your motivated to so might help u out while helping u out..lolu know what..i maybe can help u out even more if u wanna go that route i just moved 2 of my other sites to a new server and can host another 20 sites on there without costing me anything more so if u want to do that anhd set up a site that would be like a doorway to the shop that wouldnt be hard to do we can talk bout that if u wantdont matter to me tho just happy to help u get the wax out

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form