Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how to wrap a dread :)

karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Hey :)I have these white dots from the loose hair at my roots showing through, ive read a few things on the site about them and have decided to wrap the top of my front dreadie cus its fairly noticeable, ive searched here but cant find out HOW to wrap a dread, can i use wool or sewing thread? how to i get it to stay on?Thanks :)
updated by @karen: 01/13/15 08:45:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
therees a few waysid use hemp, or embriodery threadnow theres speed wraps which fall apart quicklyu tie it round the roots then lat all the colors your not actively wrapping along the dread wrap the color u want to use round and roundbut like i said they fall aparttheres a new member as of last week who will be making a vid soon on how to do the fancier knotted types but its a macreme knotwork exactly like u do making hemp necklaces and braceletsthis gives a more decorative look and they wont fall apart

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alicia Burnit
@alicia-burnit
14 years ago
17 posts
I'm not sure what you mean wrapping it. This video shows a wrap though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXUwlqbTzac Just so you know the white specs in your hair are the hair follicle. I don't know if people with neglect method dreadlocks get them, but if you backcombed then you definitely get them.
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
ya i know what they are...i made my dreads by crochet 4ish months ago :(I was hoping id escape without the folicles showing...seems not!Thanks for the link :)Lovage! Alicia Burnit said:
I'm not sure what you mean wrapping it. This video shows a wrap though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXUwlqbTzac

Just so you know the white specs in your hair are the hair follicle. I don't know if people with neglect method dreadlocks get them, but if you backcombed then you definitely get them.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh no thst vid totaly six those arent wraps at all just some strings tied on and very sloppy..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
cool thanks, i only want to wrap them for a short while :)Karen soaringeagle said:
therees a few ways
id use hemp, or embriodery thread
now theres speed wraps which fall apart quickly
u tie it round the roots then lat all the colors your not actively wrapping along the dread wrap the color u want to use round and round

but like i said they fall apart
theres a new member as of last week who will be making a vid soon on how to do the fancier knotted types but its a macreme knotwork exactly like u do making hemp necklaces and bracelets
this gives a more decorative look and they wont fall apart
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
I just did it the way the girl in the video did...and it super worked :) thanks :)
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
If you know how to "Whip" the ends of fraying rope. Wrapping a dreadlock is fairly easy. How to whip the ends of rope
SurrealLove
@surreallove
13 years ago
12 posts

That rope video was so helpful! Thank you!

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

I finally understand, lol this works well']

GoldenEagle said:

If you know how to "Whip" the ends of fraying rope. Wrapping a dreadlock is fairly easy.

How to whip the ends of rope
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form