Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

cotton at the roots

Nathan
@nathan
14 years ago
1 posts
Hey guys,First time posting. :) I have had my dreads for about six months and they were started with the backcombing/crocheting method. I was told again and again by the loctitions to palm roll and wax but due to my relative laziness and my desire to keep them rather natural I barely touch them. They are quite strong and looking good if not a little fuzzy and open at the tips... and here is where the beginning of my question lies. I needed a touch up for work and I went to a different loctition for this maintenance and she used a technique which I hadnt come across and still cant seem to find it after some looking on the internet.. She had a sewing needle and threaded what was seeming cotton through the dread just below the root to hold it tight.. I was just wondering if any of you guys could give me some info on whether this will hinder my dreads.. and/or if the cotton will break and fall out or will it stay in the dread and go the way of the most hated rubber band method.. by that i mean mucky and tarry... if it does go like this, is there a way to cut the cotton out or will i be destined to start my dreads over..Thanks again for any advice you may be able to impart...kepp smiling.
updated by @nathan: 01/13/15 08:45:30PM
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
Honestly quit going to a loctician! Don't let them do anything to your hair you don't know anything about either! From personal experience with natural no maintenence or touched up dreads (started with twist and rip only) you will be surprised how much work really doesnt' give a shit about them. If they need to look good for work just pull them back or cover them with a wrap. Maintenence that is done on dreads is ruined the minute your head hits the pillow no matter what you do to try and prevent it. Just let them be free they will lock up faster and then not look like they need anything!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
screw locticians all locticians know less about dreads then the average uneducated homeless crazy personhonnestly theres not 1 loctician in the world id ever let touch my dreads..evercrochet was a bad idea to start withwax is pure evil so if u used it even once u need to get it outthe coton well thats just retardedpaying someone to do what u could do yourself well thats sillyand thinking u need to do something when u dont thats silly tooroots never need maintenance except seperating to prevent comngosthats all..nothing more evernow if u can very very carefully surgicly remove the threads without cutting too much roots then thats what ids do id take tint scissors clip 1 thread and use tweezers to pull it out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form