Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Really discouraged bout school need advice

SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
ok sooooo i was wondering if anyone has a GED and is doing good in life because i mite do this ill be 16 soon in November and when i can drop out and get a GED.... the reason for all of this is becuz i was sent to a grouphome and foster homes for a long timeeee like a year and 2 months then i was out, then i got sent to a wilderness boot camp for a year and 5 months, so as you an imagine i a not keen on school like i used to be, and no matter how hard i try i cant grasp algebra i am a sophomore and am taking algebra 1 auto tech 1 comp apps 1 and civics honors this semester, next i have algebra 2 biology honors english 2 honors and gym,,,,,, dude i try so hard to get this algebra and its not going for me what should i do and plzz if u do good without a high school diploma and have a GED or any other edu or none at all can u tell me how u live so i have an idea of wut i could do with my future
updated by @spacemantravis: 01/13/15 08:45:26PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I have my GED because I dropped out to do phish tour! Really a HS diploma is worth more and especially if you want to go to college. It all depends on what you want to do with your life. With a GED you can still usually go to community college than a University. If i were you (and could do it all over again lol!) I would probably try to stick with it get a tutor and try really hard to get through. I know it's tough, I was in a group home for a couple years when I was a teenager and it SUCKED!

So maybe try to figure out what type of job you may be interested in doing in the future, what type of education/experience is required for it and take it from there. Good Luck & Many Blessings

neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yea bro i dropped out sometime ago, and i went and took some free class to prepare for my GED test, they gave me a practice test to see where i was and how much i should study before i pay to take the real test..... i took it and they said your way smart, told me go spend the 60 bucks right and take your test cause they had no question about it, said i would pass, and i did the next day, passed no prob...... it was quite easy i do say so myself.... im not saying im the most successful on here, but after i dropped out i been cooking fr the past 5 yrs. 1 of those in a real upscale restaurant, so you can do it, but i would recommend you staying in school, the only reason i stopped was cause i was so far back from fucking up.... but good luck and hope you find whats best for you bro...... your still really young, got lots of time to straiten up and start to get into it..... knowledge is power... and if i realized this when i was young then maybe i would of cared more about my schooling.....
Jamie Thompson
@jamie-thompson
14 years ago
36 posts
if you are good in biology and sciences take it and run with it brother. if you are into nature there are plenty of jobs out there that let you be outside all year.. and past highschool if you are accepted to an alright college environmental classes you arejust outside and all that.. its a solid job and nature needs to be promoted. and three years of highschool is plenty of time to get ready for college. stick with it if you can buddy
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
thx everyone and i got alg 1 and 2 this year man so i have to pass this to pass sophomore year
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form