Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Growing More & More Impatient

Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
*sigh*I so wanted to be patient and just go natural. But I'm cracking. I'm at about 2 1/2 months and I've hit a dead zone. Nothing seems to be locking up. Especially the sides.I'm debating doing some Twist and Rip on a few to help them along.Will it help?
updated by @nicole: 02/14/15 06:14:34AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well it will definate;y get things going but lets see what u define as no progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Its not NO progress just SLOW progress. Look at my timeline. Nothing knotting on top. All underneath. And in back. soaringeagle said:
well it will definate;y get things going but lets see what u define as no progress
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Aww don't worry knotty dread, its happening.One thing I always try to remember is it's not the destination it's the journey that counts, true for so many things in life.I got down for a minute about my hair and whatever too BUT really I LOVE it even though its not fully locked and I leave it be and don't check up on it often and when I do check it Im surprised to find all the little lockings there!You're doing great mama and when I first started I tried a few t and r's and you know what they went out completely, not saying yours will but it happens and I'm glad they didn't take.
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
If you TnR now it'll be like starting over, I'd just go to a local Good Will store and see if you can't find a 100% wool sweater to use as a pillow case. I've been using mine for a week (maybe less) and I fuggin love it!!! It's been doing obvious good for my hair!
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
I have been using a wool pillow case. The back is knotting up good. Its the sides that arent. I think its because I dont sleep on my sides at all. Normally I do, but with triplets and co sleeping and breastfeeding, I now sleep on my back with a baby attached to each boob all.night.long. lol. Alden said:
If you TnR now it'll be like starting over, I'd just go to a local Good Will store and see if you can't find a 100% wool sweater to use as a pillow case. I've been using mine for a week (maybe less) and I fuggin love it!!! It's been doing obvious good for my hair!
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
LOL That's adorable! Try a wool tam during the day, if you can stand the heat. I used a sweater for my pillow case, but cut off the arms and mad them into a tam with a draw string. Just a simple design, and nothing great looking, but it's functional. That way you can get the benefit of the wool all over your head without needing to be in bed, and in a multitude of different positions as well. Gotta keep those babies comfy and fed!And btw, I love your new thumbnail pic! Fuggin gorgeous!!
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
The same thing happened to me. so what i decided to do was throw some beads on, wear a hat to bed ( wool is the best), and sea salt sprayed the shit out of my hair. my hair has made a lot of progress and i'm happy with it so far, but i still have a ways to go before i can officially call them dreads.
Tomasu
@tomasu
14 years ago
66 posts
I've been just the same..it's been a almost a year now and i have a large portion of the front still trying its best to knot up. Trust me, paitence is the key. If you forget you have hair and dreadlocks, the next time yoiu look in the mirror you'll be pleasently surprised!I have a video log spanning 8 months so far if you want to look at that and see how the hair changes in that period of time, hopefully it'll push you to believe in your ikkle dreads =D Nicole said:
Its not NO progress just SLOW progress. Look at my timeline. Nothing knotting on top. All underneath. And in back.

soaringeagle said:
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Now THAT would be awesome. :) rawsum said:
ok .. somehow I am conjuring the thought of two babies in wool sleepers and nursing in some acrobatic positions causing mega dreads on your head :D all of course while you sleep :D
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form