Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Alternatives to twisting dreads at scalp

Mary
@mary
14 years ago
140 posts
Hello, AllI hope all is well with you all.I was wondering if there is an alternative to twisting that is easier. I washed my hair (with the stocking cap ;) I tried twisting using locking gel and only completed 1/4 of my hair. My hands became so very tired. Then i just put locking gel in the rest of my hair and sat under the dryer. My dreads became fatter on the side that i completed but relatively they are both the same almost.Is there any way that I can manage my new growth?
updated by @mary: 01/13/15 08:44:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea stioop the gels stip the rtwisting stop the baking under a hair dryerjust keep your hair clean no gunk at all only use some aloe or somethung when really dry other then that..do nothuingwhy woukld u work so hard tio do what happens by doing nothing? all the twisting only harms the rootsall the gell just builds up in the dreads...wash ot out stay clean only moisturize as needed and..do nothing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mary
@mary
14 years ago
140 posts
I was just trying to do what my stylist did so I could have the initial results but I did not like the current results since the dreads are fatter anyway. The side that was untouched except with some gel looks a lot better.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nonono fire the locticianstop listening to a loctician they really know nothingu say u like the 1/2 better that u left alone so just leave it all alone!thats how dreads dreadu dont gotta force em u allow em

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
please please please dont take this wrong byti looked at profile pic and what comes to mind iswell u know those cheap dolls with lil tufts of hair poking out of holes in theyre plastic scalps?your head looks like that from over twisting more baldness then anything with lil skinny dreads that look like theyre comming out of holes in your bald headu really should just stop twisting stop going to a loctician and start just letting it dread

--
savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
after you wash your hair it tightens up itself.you really dont haveto twist.i use trader joes tingle tea tree shampoo.and when my hair dries its tightened up.you shouldnt twist its kinda risky especially since dreads get weak and eventually break.i havent lost any yet.but if i would have kept twisting i would have.but yea and that is a good gel i used to use it back in ma twistin days.a but yea a good alternative for twisting is just simple wash real good.i rub ma scalp with my palm when my shampoo is all lathered then.i could feel it gettin tighter and tighter then rinse shampoo out.then when your hair is dry you could see that your roots are more tight.try it but witout da cap.
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
those were my same thoughts...... a baby doll, or really bad hair plugs lol, so yea your loctician dont know what she is talking about, as we told you before, so like se said, get rid of her and her bad info, then you can just let your hair go, and it will start to look alot better soaringeagle said:
please please please dont take this wrong byt
i looked at profile pic and what comes to mind is
well u know those cheap dolls with lil tufts of hair poking out of holes in theyre plastic scalps?

your head looks like that from over twisting more baldness then anything with lil skinny dreads that look like theyre comming out of holes in your bald head
u really should just stop twisting stop going to a loctician and start just letting it dread
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form