Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my review of maylee's garden dread shampoo bar and how to use

Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
ok recently ive noticed a couple posts about the maylee's shampoo bar being very strong and ive noticed some questions people have about using shampoo bars.first i think a lot of people are accustomed to commercial products and scents which these are not. I purchased the nag champa shampoo bar for myself and i did not find it overpowering when i opened it yes it made my kitchen smell of nag champa but thats usually what happens with products that are scented with oils. ok i just got out of the shower and im telling you this soap is AWESOME!!! it lathers like mad!!! it rinses clean away and i am a leave in salt addict so sometimes my hair gets dry and after 1 wash it is 50% better!!! my hair smells lightly like nag champa and its wonderful! matter of fact i washed the rest of me with it too :)now this bar is palm sized to use simply wet your hair and wet the bar now rub it on your head i like to flip my locs to the side rub one side flip to the other rub that side then rub the top maybe wet the hair a little more to get a real good lather then rinse its pretty easy! dont fear the shampoo bar people it may not look like wat your used to but it works way better!!!i can honestly say i will probably order ever scent that doesnt involve patchouli only because my fiance hates patchouli and ill add he usually hates my "hippie crap" but did not bitch when i came down from the shower!!
updated by @heather-gamble: 02/14/15 08:06:19AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
shes making a lighter scent now too for ppl who preffer it but yea maylees soaps are soooooooooo amazing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
i actually requested a light version and im sure full strength would have been great my only gripe is i only shampoo once a week lol but i think ill use it to shower with as well... oh i purchased 2 lbs of detergent that i havnt gotten yet but i got a sample of the fig scent laundry detergent and seriously it smells really good i wouldnt have orderd it but i just might now and yes all my laundry is clean baby stains and all ill never buy commercial detergent again. soaringeagle said:
shes making a lighter scent now too for ppl who preffer it but yea maylees soaps are soooooooooo amazing
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
i have a very pricey HE washer dryer that i got last year and i was a lil sceptecial so i hung around the machine to make sure it rinsed from the dispenser drawer and to make sure it didnt suds and i can tell u it worked perfect fully rinsed from the dispenser,fully disolved,and fully cleaned my clothes! the most important thind is not to over suds an HE washer and her laundry soap does not suds! so thats not an issue and it does fully desolve! and i used about 3 tablespoons for a large load of laundry that included stained baby clothes and maybe this is TMI but my cloth pads and there are no stains on anything! no baby food stains,and my pads are hemp and natural coloured and thats wat colour they were when the came out of the wash! dont fear it give it a try i know were all so terrified to put stuff in our 2,000 dollar machines but dont be !!! it really does work perfectly!i had formerly used 7th gen and the occasional dr bronners when i ran out and im being dead honest when i say ill never buy commercial detergent again! hers is a better price and a better product!!! bobbi blaine said:
i am glad i didn't get rid of my soaps. they really are awesome. they were strong at first but now they aren't bad at all. i really want to try the detergent but i am afraid to because i have an HE washer... i know it says HE safe but i am still scared.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I haven't used M's soaps but I find with natural soaps that the smell evaporates faster than chemical scents.
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
hmmm i wonder why...... im planning on getting a few more bars next month maybe we can set up a swap of sorts Knottysleeves said:
I'd love to try these based on all the great reviews, but her shipping to Canada is 3x the price of the soap. :-(
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
KS I found buying a few bars at a time, costing around $30 including freight to Australia has been more efficient than buying the shampoo & conditioner I had been using on my normal hair. I got 3 bars, none of which bombed out my tiny unit with overpowering scent, I'm still using the 1st one. The Om scented bar is completely me,I just hope the other 2 suit me as well cos the bars last a reasonably long time.I wash with baking soda, then lather up with Maylees, 2-3 times a week, & the bar is well over a month old with still another fortnight left in it easily. I can't recommend them enough! Even one of my extra picky girlfriends agreed at last that dreads don't mean dirty smelly hair when we last hung out. The subtle scent is perfect for showing people that yes I am a clean person still=PI haven't had a problem with rinsing it out, but I am a demon for making sure I have rinsed thoroughly.

Knottysleeves said:
I'd love to try these based on all the great reviews, but her shipping to Canada is 3x the price of the soap. :-(
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
ahh but its worth the pampering yourself! trust me man i was sooooo happy coming outta the shower and im usually a miserable arse :) Knottysleeves said:
Yeah, I considered doing a bulk order to save on shipping, but I'm not keen on buying 3 or 4 bars at once when I haven't even tried them yet. :-) I usually do the baking soda wash alternated with whatever natural bar soap I'm using at the time, so it's not like I'd be saving any money over my normal shampoo.
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
Fair call:) If you're on something that works, stick to it! Knottysleeves said:
Yeah, I considered doing a bulk order to save on shipping, but I'm not keen on buying 3 or 4 bars at once when I haven't even tried them yet. :-) I usually do the baking soda wash alternated with whatever natural bar soap I'm using at the time, so it's not like I'd be saving any money over my normal shampoo.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
in our menu at top of page click dread shops then dread shampoos

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form