Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hello my name is jim, and i am an addict.

jim
@jim
14 years ago
40 posts
the first step to recovery is to admit that you have an addiction.at least thats what ive heard.as mr SE knows, i crochet my hair now and then, and i said that i was going to quit.i didn't.its not like my dreads are loose or anything like that, its just that i cant leave them alone! i keep poking them like a kid pokes a dead animal with a stick."trow away the needle" seems to be the logical step. i guess its like asking a tobacco addict to just throw away the cigs.its like self mutilation.
updated by @jim: 02/15/15 08:32:22AM
Earth Rose
@earth-rose
14 years ago
38 posts
poke an prod with your fingers! even though you can't see the damage now you'll be so heartbroken once they fall out
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yo stop man...... your going to fuck up your dreads, its really bad/damaging........ its something you just got to do...... mmmmmmmmm but since your a addict ..... cut off one dread, and when you feel that erg to crochet poke at that for a bit, and you cutting one dread is better then destroying you whole head lol and at the same time you can watch over time the damage that one dread goes through like a experiment.... lol just a idea
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Oh yes..you got that right! I have been dreading only 2 mos. and I found this site before I ever made a committment....thank god. I have not been lied to or tricked or brainwashed and I have not crocheted, or backcombed or succumbed to the multitude of things that could be mutilation of my dreads...I am lucky.I know how you feel though. I think because of my ADHD I become obsessed over things that bother me...like squeezing an irritating pimple or over plucking my eyebrows. I think that one of the hardest things to do is nothing. That is one of the very reasons I began dreading in the first place...to let go. To stop and ponder the what ifs of surrender are frightening...but in the end, immensly satisfying. You can do it. It will not be easy but, the first step was admitting you have an issue :) Take the next step, throw that evil tool away and put a tam on and stop concentrating on the hair and focus on something else more important. While your attention is on something else you will fail to see the passing of time and soon the hair will just happen. When you see that it can happen without your help you will find joy in that simplicity. Blessings to you.
jim
@jim
14 years ago
40 posts
you're right.its a good idea to make that a habit instead. to break the hair is like breaking a limb :/
jim
@jim
14 years ago
40 posts
not a bad idea at all. i wont cut anything off though, but maybe ill buy some fake hair to play with :pthanks neil coe said:
yo stop man...... your going to fuck up your dreads, its really bad/damaging........ its something you just got to do...... mmmmmmmmm but since your a addict ..... cut off one dread, and when you feel that erg to crochet poke at that for a bit, and you cutting one dread is better then destroying you whole head lol and at the same time you can watch over time the damage that one dread goes through like a experiment.... lol just a idea
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i knew another addict on the site who crocheted hers..every single day she bought 8 hooks in case she lost 1just stioopplay with your hair insteador well play with yourself if u gotta just not in public i mean just reditrect that tendency to something else..knit drum smoke (no thats a bad idea) scratch your ass stroke yoir beard anything just fiond some way to redirect that energy...and throw the hook away

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Puff
@puff
14 years ago
29 posts
Every time you crochet, God kills a puppy!
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
dude i was gonna say go buy some synth hair or wool and make fake dreads itll fix ur need and u can sell em on etsy its a win win bro jim said:
not a bad idea at all. i wont cut anything off though, but maybe ill buy some fake hair to play with :p

thanks

neil coe said:
jim
@jim
14 years ago
40 posts
i guess its about vanity and stress too! when i first got here, SE told me to just stop doing stuff with my hair, and i agreed. ive stopped interlocking though.thank you for your encouragement :) Panterra Caraway said:
Oh yes..you got that right! I have been dreading only 2 mos. and I found this site before I ever made a committment....thank god. I have not been lied to or tricked or brainwashed and I have not crocheted, or backcombed or succumbed to the multitude of things that could be mutilation of my dreads...I am lucky.I know how you feel though. I think because of my ADHD I become obsessed over things that bother me...like squeezing an irritating pimple or over plucking my eyebrows. I think that one of the hardest things to do is nothing. That is one of the very reasons I began dreading in the first place...to let go. To stop and ponder the what ifs of surrender are frightening...but in the end, immensly satisfying. You can do it. It will not be easy but, the first step was admitting you have an issue :) Take the next step, throw that evil tool away and put a tam on and stop concentrating on the hair and focus on something else more important. While your attention is on something else you will fail to see the passing of time and soon the hair will just happen. When you see that it can happen without your help you will find joy in that simplicity. Blessings to you.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form