15 years ago
64 posts
i do why dont you like it?
updated by @shaun-saunders: 02/14/15 06:41:44AM
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Given what has already been stated on the subject on this message board and from your previous posts you are hoping to either ruffle some feathers(no pun intended) or simply just create conversation.1. slows down locking2. mold3. traps dirt4. nobody wants to touch your shit!5. You don't want to touch your shit!6. nasty pillow(if this isn't a big one for you then you are a filthy f***)7. Makes your dreads hard and crusty8. extra organic material in your hair attracts bugs9. water repellant10. also traps water11. did I already mention it acts like glue and traps any gross shit that touches your hair?Add to it if I'm missing something....With dreads you cant brush so there is nothing wrong with being a little more paranoid. I don't let people touch my dreads unless I want certain parts of me to touch certain parts of them....I'll leave out speak about different cultures and the obsession with hair....Granted, I am not against other people using it. Just like if an individual is keen on smoking crack or having sex without protection. My goal is to have people educated in their choices before they make them.
Klete
@klete
15 years ago
47 posts
yea, the 2 people that i know that dreaded both used wax, dreads didnt look very good, felt really weird, constantly bitching about waxing, both only kept there dreads for a couple years tops
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I apologise if I seem overly rude...It may be the 3 letter "N" word time for me....lol
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I've used it with my first set. I know from experience why I won't use it again. Why *won't* others use it?I'm sure some people don't understand how it both repels and traps water...First repels, stick your hands under the water faucet(clean hands) and watch how the water falls off, then take the recommended ammount of wax per dread and rub it onto your hands...doesn't matter, rub as long as you'd like. Now stick your hands under the faucet. Yep a little different, it forms into droplets. This is caused by a chemical reaction between water and oil(wax). Unless you remember nothing from school you'd know that water and oils cant disperse between each other, much like when you do SE's baking soda wash with the essential oils you still have the smell from the oils because oil is a higher density than water...so is your hair. Higher denisty materials have the tendency to stick closer together(not always true but quite often).Traping water is a little harder to explain, depending on how much wax you use and many other issues...At least it will have parts in the outer wax to not block all of the water that is coming towards it....say during a shower during which you are using soap, the cleansing action of soap is to remove a certain ammount of oils to get rid of bacteria...Not all. At worst..meaning you soak your hair in wax you will still have little 'bubbles' of the unwaxed.k, to put in simple in the way I think...It causes a buffer in air flow and temperature dynamics so that the water doesn't evaporate as quickly as it needs to. If I were smart enough I'd look into what is taought in basic HVAC and find you a mathematical equation...I'm not so I'll simply state that it is bad for the ecosystem of your scalp.Took too long writing this to edit my last post I guess.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
lol, ramble ramble. SE and I have gotten into it about this before at one time. and ended up pretty much coming to an agreement...Wax bad...educate....let people make up their own damn minds.
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
Sweet tat Jess. What a pretty shade of blue! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i love wax cause it stirs upo so much debatebut if u mean wax afterr appliede to dreads? what is there to like about that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
hmm,, so should I give feedback to this or just let it be?
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
just let it be the debate is played out Iain said:
hmm,, so should I give feedback to this or just let it be?
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form