Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Amount of times you should wash your dreads and the amount I want to wash them.

Marc Fisher
@marc-fisher
14 years ago
15 posts
I have always washed my hair in the mornings before i go to college/work/school whatever.So when i get my dreads will I have to give this up for the usual "Wash every 2-3 days" that I usually see? :sI can do it its just.... my hair gets very greasy very quickly and like I hate greasy hair ><so can i wash them ( I water wash at the moment but will be purchasing Baking soda soon) once a day in the mornings?or do i need to start rethinking my hairstyle of choice? :(
updated by @marc-fisher: 02/14/15 01:25:51PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
nah it's really no reason to rethink dreads if you really want them. You can keep washing everyday at first then try to skip a day after a while. I needed to wash my hair more often when it's not dreaded. Especially if you're using the BS wash you may find your hair doesn't get so oily with it. It's really not too big a deal. Don't worry.
Marc Fisher
@marc-fisher
14 years ago
15 posts
right, im just worried about like the dreads coming undone/ falling out loosenening and the myriad other possibilities that involves the destruction of my as of yet to be formed dreadlets >< :LThanks for the reply so soon though :)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I feel you man! I loved to wash my hair every day. It too got greasy even from washing in the morning, it would be greasy by the night. But the reason it's so oily is because you wash every day. You wash out all of the oils the scalp produces and it freaks out. The oils are there for a reason so the scalp produces more oils and extra to make up for those washed away.What you can do is wash with baking soda every other day at first. On the days you don't wash, rinse your hair with water and massage your scalp to remove any dirt and excess oil(with this maybe you'll be able to skip 2 days). Do that for 2-3 weeks then skip a day in between completely for another 2 weeks, then skip more till you wash 2-3 times a week. Your scalp will be much more relaxed. Also with dreads hair looks a lot dryer and cleaner than straight. I have bangs that I didn't dread since they're so short and they look dirty in 1-2 days while the dreads look and feel perfectly clean for 3 days.I asked a similar question too :) http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/cons-of-washing-every-day
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what paula saidthe more u wash the greasier u getslowly wash less spray the scalp with thyme tea in between washing leave it onthat will help it adjust

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Marc Fisher
@marc-fisher
14 years ago
15 posts
Thanks paula for the advice on the amounts to wash my hair :)ugh im just gonna freak out for the beggining till i get accustomed to washing my hair not everyday ><<br />oh well it'l be worth it when the dreads come :)dont have any thyme tea....will Green tea or Earl grey tea be good enough?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Thyme is an herb, a spice for food not for teas..but if you put it in boiling water and make a tea out of it, thyme is great for making your scalp produce less oils. Marc Fisher said:
Thanks paula for the advice on the amounts to wash my hair :)

ugh im just gonna freak out for the beggining till i get accustomed to washing my hair not everyday >br />
oh well it'l be worth it when the dreads come :)

dont have any thyme tea....
will Green tea or Earl grey tea be good enough?
Marc Fisher
@marc-fisher
14 years ago
15 posts
Right...wellI dont feel stupid at all :PIf thats the case im going to have a look around my mothers herbs and spices :D Paula said:
Thyme is an herb, a spice for food not for teas..but if you put it in boiling water and make a tea out of it, thyme is great for making your scalp produce less oils.

Marc Fisher said:
Thanks paula for the advice on the amounts to wash my hair :)

ugh im just gonna freak out for the beggining till i get accustomed to washing my hair not everyday >br />
oh well it'l be worth it when the dreads come :)

dont have any thyme tea....
will Green tea or Earl grey tea be good enough?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wellheres a tipif u buy thyme as a spice an herrb for cooking the per ounce price is insane more then pot! but if u go to an herb store ot grow it yoursdself its cheap as hellwhen u but by the gram the price is rediculouse but if u but buy the oz its reasonable

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok i just checked fronteir herbs prices 1/2 oz which will make ya maybe 2 pots of tea i dunno 3 dollars 16 oz 10 dollars\another site had a tint containeer 1/4 oz 25 dollarsthe more u but the cheaper it is

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form