Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First time without dandruff in 1 year and 8 months.

Puff
@puff
14 years ago
29 posts
Hi all,So my first set of dreads started back in 1999. While travelling through Africa my hair started to get longer, and after a while knot. I helped it a bit with ripping, playing around and African dust. Nothing makes your head dread so fast as sitting on top of a lorry cabin for 3 days in a row travelling through the desert heading for Ethiopia.They had be cut due to mass loss of hair after taking medicine for malaria and creatures living in my stomach. They would be 11 years old now.I knew that one day I would get back to dreads. In 2007 I went back to Kenya and Tanzania to work there. And I brought a DreadheadHQ starter kit. *Yes we all have our weak moments* I just didn't know any better.So this set was started the day we found out we were going to have a baby. So they have been growing as long as my Son has.I started with the DreadheadHQ and really disliked the wax. Waking up in the morning peeling the dreads of your forehead is not nice. I was sticky and itchy.So I gave the wax up pretty much after the first time I applied it. And apparently they took pretty good care of themselves as they are still in good shape, dreading all by themselves, no rolling what so ever.The only thing I kept using was the DHHQ shampoo. And did I have dandruff like it was Christmas. Right after washing it would start. I ran into SE on twitter and ended up here. Sweet!So today I did my first Soda wash. But before I did this I washed it first with the shampoo form DHHQ. Just to see if it would get out more then the HQ one would.Well see the picture below,....

Yeah I know! Wax was last used 1.5 years ago.My dreads feel great.- They dried much quicker- Much more opened up, not sicked together- Cuddly Soft dreads.AND NO dandruff for the first time in 1 year and 8 months.I feel clean!Thanx to you!
updated by @puff: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Another EPIC FAIL for mr.clean!
Puff
@puff
14 years ago
29 posts
I think he picked that name in a sarcastic kinda way.
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
No man..its a clever name from a scammers point of view...trying to feed on ignorants viewpoint and fear that "Dreads are DIRTY" unless you do it mr.CLEAN way...very subliminal and douchey...
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Post this pic on his fbook page and see what he replies
Puff
@puff
14 years ago
29 posts
I actually think the problem is a combo of the was and soap from DreadheadHQ.Look at the picture below at the amount of stuff that was locked somewhere in my dreads.All tests I have seen were done with putting in the wax and taking it out straight away. Not walking around with it for a week.

updated by @puff: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ppl deny it even when they can see itone women told me she chose dhhq because ppl here seemed angry so she chose the ppl that made us angry? boggles the mind u scream dhhq ruined my dreads so theyre like wow i want my dreads ruined cause these ppl seem too pissed about theyre dreads being ruined..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Puff
@puff
14 years ago
29 posts
Still no flakes here,...... :)
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
14 years ago
48 posts
Im 15, have been neglecting for 6 months, what caught my eye was africa and losing your dreads?!?! im going to live in africa when im in my early 20's, Plan to be in ethiopia for some time but dont really know where ill be, yet. and i want to be there for 5 years and plan on going back and hoping to find my home there. ever sense i was a lil kid its been my dream to help there and live there, but i got a question, did the malaria shot make you lose hair?
Puff
@puff
14 years ago
29 posts
If your going to live in Africa don't take anything against Malaria. I know docs will advice to do so, but pumping you body full of medicine on a daily basis to prevent malaria is much worse then taking one trip of medicine to cure it once you do get it.I walked around Africa for years and only got it a few times, you get used to it.The thing that gave me the worst hair lost was the medicine against the bugs housing and hatching eggs in ma belly.Ethiopia is great, but can complicated when it comes to being there as a forengie (especially with dreads). Be very careful in the way you expose yourself as a Rastafari, Rasta, or just a dready.They have seen to many Sean Paul's claiming Ethiopia as their home and being a dick about it.Ahhhh,..... this brings back memories.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form