Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey guys Im Marc :D

Marc Fisher
@marc-fisher
14 years ago
15 posts
Hey people my names Marc Fisher and Ive just joined this website to recieve help in getting my ideal hairtype.... Dreadlocks! :)Im in serious need of advice and help and after I learn from you guys, Im pretty sure il be able to help people who become members in the future :)
updated by @marc-fisher: 02/14/15 08:04:25AM
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
Hey Marc!Welcome to our family (:I'm really glad you found us and look forward to sharing in your journey with you.My advice would be.. go natural. I myself started with backcombing, but after finding this site wish I had went natural from the start. It's as simple as throwing away your comb, keeping your hair clean and if needed, seperating the dreads so as they don't form congos. Just be sure to use a shampoo that doesn't leave behind any residue. There is a page somewhere on here that explains about the Baking Soda and ACV rinse. And for the bad hair days, all you need to do is stick on a hat and you're good to go!I wish you luck (:.
Marc Fisher
@marc-fisher
14 years ago
15 posts
Thanks :)I would use the Natural method except for some reason my hair doesnt form or do anything ><<br /> Ive never combed in about a year so im thinking it might be the shampoo is use ( Herbal essences)Ive been using the twist and rip method lately and the dreads stay in until i actually physically take them out ( due to them being really loose so i get worried and think Il try again)Im starting to lose hope with my dreads which is why ive come here aswell :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the shampoo willn causde em to unravel switch shampoosand how longs youir hair it might not be long enough for natural or u fuss with em too muchand dont take out the t&r loose is better then tight loose gives em movement room to dread too tight and it takes them longer to loosenm enough to rearange into dreadsu dont want em so loose they fall aprt but not so tight they cant move enoughso as long as they held together they were perfect

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
Twist and rip is a good method to start with. It's less damaging than backcombing and gives the dreads a foundation to start with.When you wash them they will loosen up, but that's completely natural and they will start to tighten up again. It's just the way it goes.Have you tried spraying them with sea salt mixed with water? It really does make a huge difference
Marc Fisher
@marc-fisher
14 years ago
15 posts
aw damn :/oh wellAny good recommendations from lets say Boots in england?Or should I make that baking soda shampoo?My hairs about 8+ inches long now and its quite thick if that changes anything.Yeah I still think i should have left them in on hindsight ><</body>
Marc Fisher
@marc-fisher
14 years ago
15 posts
Sea salt and water? No it never occurred to me, someone recommended hair mousse and I was toying with the idea :Lwhat do i do? heat up the water and add sea salt and wait for it to kool down? then use one of those water spray things and lightly squirt or spray to drench?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no mouse no mouse no mouse u dont want anything sticky nothing to "hold it" sea salt dont need to be heated up at all just put a spoonful in the bottle shake and spray...on hair only not scalp and rince out a few hours laterid do it a couple hours b4 u wash

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dunno what a boots is but id recomend either the baking soda or the maylees garden bars in our shops herebaking soda is eaxtra gentle cause u dont scrub at all

--
Marc Fisher
@marc-fisher
14 years ago
15 posts
right so I wont use mousse :Lsince it only gonna be temporary right?how does the sea salt spray actually benefit them? dry the scalp or something?so with baking soda i just fill a bowl with it and then put my dreads in and soak them?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form