Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting my natural process later this week!

Moneybags McGuilicutty
@moneybags-mcguilicutty
14 years ago
33 posts
HI MY NAME IS SENDO, IM NEW TO THIS SITE, THIS IS MY ONLY DAY! MY HAIR IS ABOUT TO MY EYES AND BOTTOM OF MY EARS. I SIGNED UP TODAY. AND.......After spending only one day on this site, I've learned so much, thanks to SE, i was on here just browsing and felt like other sites have misguided me in this process and it frustrated me, SE totally helped me out and explained that hey Natural Method is the best, and it really just opened my eyes up because I looked at everyone elses comments and notice people were doing natural as well, and the other sites are all about backcombing and waxing, and on those sites your told its the best way to do dreads now a days, and you believe in these sites because they talk about how there here for you, and you trust them that it is the right way to do them without damaging my hair, and now i see on this site people have problems, well i went ahead and purchased the Karma Vegan Dreadlock Shampoo today, so when it gets to AZ my journey may begin!! and who knows where my own dreads might lead me to!!!
updated by @moneybags-mcguilicutty: 02/14/15 07:15:57AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
those other sites claim 100% satisfaction but at the same time have a campain against the antiwaxers if everyone was so satisfied everyone would be waxy but just search youtube for dreads no wax and you'll see just how many feel so strongly against wax they felt the need to specify it in the titlesthousands buy into the lie too and discover its a mistake after just one use or after just opening the jar and touching it but once u open the jar you cant get your money back thats the scam they got u wether u use it or not wether u cut your dreads or not as long as u buy it they got u..and as long as they deny you ever complained they got many many more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Moneybags McGuilicutty
@moneybags-mcguilicutty
14 years ago
33 posts
I appreciate the welcome and I'm excited to join the site, it makes me feel good, and during the process I hope to learn more and help others as well, this is very exciting for me
Moneybags McGuilicutty
@moneybags-mcguilicutty
14 years ago
33 posts
so thats what i hear lol
Billy stafford
@billy-stafford
14 years ago
11 posts
Hallo everyone, My name is Billy ( I am a girl) I have long hair and I just started my locks. I used the twist and pull thingy or whatever you call it. I am a little worried about the washing process. I was told to use baking soda or sea salt with water only to wash my locks. and then to use 100% aloe to help control the frizz. And a conditioner that washes out completely. The frizz does not bother me, but I was never told how often to wash the locks or how much to use of baking soda or sea salt and aloe. Anyone know? I will have a picture up soon.. :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wash when u feel u need to or 1 day after u feel u should once or twicve a weeks good1 tablespoon baking soda per cupdont bother wwith aloelet the bs soak 10 min no scrubbing then rincefollow with 1 tablespoon per cup apple coder vinagerwait 3 miin and rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Billy stafford
@billy-stafford
14 years ago
11 posts
soaringeagle said:
wash when u feel u need to or 1 day after u feel u should once or twicve a weeks good
1 tablespoon baking soda per cup
dont bother wwith aloe
let the bs soak 10 min no scrubbing then rince
follow with 1 tablespoon per cup apple coder vinager
wait 3 miin and rinse
Thank you much for the help.. :D
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yea do as SE told you........... and a conditioner that washes out completely lol well you really dont want to use a conditioner for a while, that will just prevent your hair from knotting up as fast, and you dont wash you hair with a sea salt, you take a bit and mix it with some water and put it in a spray bottle and mist your hair with it, this will speed up the process......... Billy stafford said:
Hallo everyone, My name is Billy ( I am a girl) I have long hair and I just started my locks. I used the twist and pull thingy or whatever you call it. I am a little worried about the washing process. I was told to use baking soda or sea salt with water only to wash my locks. and then to use 100% aloe to help control the frizz. And a conditioner that washes out completely. The frizz does not bother me, but I was never told how often to wash the locks or how much to use of baking soda or sea salt and aloe. Anyone know? I will have a picture up soon.. :D
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
and to you moneybags....... welcome, glad you found this site, and you were given some good info, just wash and time is all thats needed, i seen you already requested me as a friend, cool, and look forward to getting to know you, well good luck and make sure you take/post a bunch of pics when you do start up, its always nice to have some good natural dreads timelines........ to show new people and help them choose the right way...........
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Welcome to the site :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form