Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loose hair... yet again

Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
ok. so i know all about how bad backcombing and crocheting is. and as alot of you know i was naive in that fact. so i'm letting my hair grow. sad thing is, i got a BUTT LOAD of loose hairs. also as alot of you know i work in food service, so therefor neatness is kinda important. especially to our clientele. which is mostly redneck conservative types. (also im sorry s.e. but i don't write well. and will not break up my paragraphs). So my problem is all this loose hair. I rip alot of hair out of the actual dead every day. i got loops galore. i know other people with natural dreads and their "fly aways" and even a 1/4 some even 1/8 as bad as mine. to be completely honest its getting to the point were i want to shave my head.... don't get me wrong i love my dreads but this shit is getting rediculous. i'm seriously getting fed up with this nonsense. i use dr. bronners tea tree. and peppermint every 2 or 3 days. the acv shit was causing me to break out and cause rashes so i stopped that. if anyone has any kind of advice on what to do with this "rats nest" or "curmudgeon" (just 2 of which i've heard) please for the love of jah or buddha or even fuckin jesus for that matter please help me. i love my hair long. and i love dreads. HELP!!!!
updated by @eric-is-asche: 02/14/15 08:20:58AM
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
you might try gathering all of the loose hairs and putting a small elastic semi-loose on the roots. it helps a lot with quickly taking care of a lot of loose hair, getting it into the dread. a lot of people will disagree with this, but i find palm rolling helps a lot. if its taking care of this, or losing the dreads, i think a little bit of damage isnt important enough to completely disregard like in most cases.try the banding and palmrolling. pay attention to the roots though. when they feel ready take the bands off and try not to let the hair eat the band (its easier than you would think, but also a lot harder than you would think too). i find it really does help the root dread good if its far enough from the scalp for the hair to move around (usually around the distance that your index finger could just slip under if the root hair wasnt in the way). i mean.. if you need it to look good or cut them thats the way i would go.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
stop looking at them tie em up and thats it all the crochet causes the loose hairs they need just time to recobver and if you just tie em back and stop looking at ewm they will be fine but u spend way too much time inspecting them and critisising them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
why are you ripping out hair??
Cage Free
@cage-free
14 years ago
41 posts
Will all of those loose hairs really incorporate or will there always be a bunch of loose hairs? How long can it take for hairs that are not incorporated into a dread at all to lock into one?Is it the same with the loops? Will they eventually lock as well? soaringeagle said:
stop looking at them tie em up and thats it all the crochet causes the loose hairs they need just time to recobver and if you just tie em back and stop looking at ewm they will be fine but u spend way too much time inspecting them and critisising them
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
you will always have some loose hairs, its just going to happen. It depends on when/whether they get locked up. When I started mine with TnR two months ago I left a little section (about half the size of a pencil) that didn't want to go specifically towards either surrounding section. When I did my sections I let the hair show me where it wanted to be, which I think is why I havn't had any come undone but I am not sure if thats true or not lol. But anyways the strands are fully locked into a nearby dread at the roots and about an inch and a half up. Cage Free said:
Will all of those loose hairs really incorporate or will there always be a bunch of loose hairs? How long can it take for hairs that are not incorporated into a dread at all to lock into one?

Is it the same with the loops? Will they eventually lock as well?

soaringeagle said:
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Correct me if I am wrong but this would create MORE loose hairs I would think. The more hair the more chances of it locking together. NaturalWomyn said:
why are you ripping out hair??
Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
well s.e. i've had people ask if they are falling out. some loose hairs are just as long as my dreads themselves. its not just a little fuzz around the scalp. and no change in 6 months. i'm completely serious NO CHANGE what so ever in 6 months. i don't understand it. you say to wait. well waiting isn't working either. i think i'm gonna cut them off. this is not what i wanted out of dreads. and all of your advice on fixing them isn't working. i don't mean to be rude or say your methods aren't working. but hey i've proven when backcombed and a little crochet does not create dreads. and letting them be and grow out does not fix them.eRic
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Are you washing on a regular basis? How are you washing? Do you have oily hair? Eric Is Asche said:
well s.e. i've had people ask if they are falling out. some loose hairs are just as long as my dreads themselves. its not just a little fuzz around the scalp. and no change in 6 months. i'm completely serious NO CHANGE what so ever in 6 months. i don't understand it. you say to wait. well waiting isn't working either. i think i'm gonna cut them off. this is not what i wanted out of dreads. and all of your advice on fixing them isn't working. i don't mean to be rude or say your methods aren't working. but hey i've proven when backcombed and a little crochet does not create dreads. and letting them be and grow out does not fix them.

eRic
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
crocheting and ripping out your loose hair, I'm sure has made your situation much worse. I don't think you have proven anything except that when you mess with your "dreads" too much you really fu*k em up! Dreads aren't rocket science. If you leave your hair alone it WILL dread! Don't blame SE's advice blame your own impatience! It sounds like you want to cut so go ahead.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form