Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hey will my dreads get longer within a year?

SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
jw cuz i noticed alot of picsw ive seen of year aged dreads theyre bout the same length, and somw lok alot bushier at least but my hair is only bout 6 inches long when i started and i was kinda hoping they would get longer as the year went by, btw 3 more days till my one month mark not a noob anymmore haha
updated by @spacemantravis: 02/14/15 08:06:07AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they shrink for bout 8 months then start to grow u may gain an inch from the shortest in a year then bout 3 inches a year after (at a guess)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
really depends on so many things, mine were shorter than they started within a year (had really long thin tips though)they will definitely look more like dreadlocks though.
Davey
@davey
14 years ago
22 posts
hair grows about a half inch a month so about 6" a year, factor in that you lose some length as the hair compresses and tangles into the dreads and i would say the 3 inchs may be close to accurate, of course you can't be 100% because hair growth is effected by diet aswell; i think my hair grew in double time since i quit smoking ciggarettes and it already grew a little quicker than average anyway so it shot out of my head pretty quick the last few months. drinking more water and eating healty helps a lot too, and scalp massage but with dreads thats not so easy.can't always go by pictures, sometimes they get fat instead of long, they'll get longer in time though no need to rush or worry about it, just think about how nice it is to wake up every day and let them do their thing
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
This might be the worst news I've heard so far.

soaringeagle said:
they shrink for bout 8 months then start to grow u may gain an inch from the shortest in a year then bout 3 inches a year after (at a guess)
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Yeah, it's just one of those things. But ya never know. It all depends on YOUR hair. I've seen a couple guy's who had started from nothing and then had shoulder length dreads within two years. Then I saw a couple of guy's who started from nothing and had shoulder length dreads in five years. It's all depending on your hair and your locks. Atom said:

soaringeagle said:
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Yah dude...it totally depends on your hair...feel free to check out my pics...you can see pics when I got them (backcombed)...and within 1.7yrs they have grown a LOT...My "shrinkageperiod was actually about 1-2months only...
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
lol1 month makes you :not a noob" lol if thats how you feel, good for you, but ill call myself a noob for a longtime, not in the scene that im uneducated about dreads, i know alot i feel, but until my dreads are all mature and a yr or 2 or 3 down the road...... im a noob
chemowasabi
@chemowasabi
14 years ago
20 posts
ghaaa! i looked through my old pics and my hair has shrunken a good 2-3in since spring break.i cant wait until it's long enough to tie back again..
Murphy the rasta
@murphy-the-rasta
14 years ago
58 posts
lol,,,all other stuff working out good ? Atom said:

soaringeagle said:
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form