Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Fresh lemon juice

Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
I Found a video on youtube that recomends rubbing fresh lemon juice in yout dreads. They said that it helps pull in loose hairs (locking up new fuzzies) and of course gives your locks that lemon-ey fresh scent. I would love to hear any advice on this. :)
updated by @courtney-j: 01/13/15 08:41:04PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I've done it a couple of of times and it does make dreads feel nice and a little tighter. But it's really nothing magical. You could probably get more benefit out of salt water.If you decide to use it, keep in mind that if exposed to the sun it will lighten your hair(very little at a time) so if you don't want that then I don't recommend it.Also If you use it, make sure you strain out ALL of the pulp or else your have little pulpy things all over your head :P
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Ive used salt water towards the beginning of dreading but didnt care for it. I just have some spots that refuse to dread lol.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
theyre not refusing theyre just taking theyre timeanother disadvantage is it can attract bugs and u gotta make sure its sugar free just pure lemon juce not lemon aide or anythingand it can soften dreads lil too much tooi used to put some in my baking soda mix but i found it made em extra fuzzy so i stopped

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Thank you SE. I was just curious about it lol. Ive been leaving my head alone except to was and just waiting patiently for the looseys to find their way.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form