Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlock Extensions

Mattie C
@mattie-c
14 years ago
4 posts
Hey guys,I've been asked by a client to put dread extensions on her existing dreadlocks.What's the best method to do this, and any advice?ThanksMattie The Dread
updated by @mattie-c: 02/14/15 06:18:06AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont ask me..lolbest method just tell her to be patient dreads extend with timebut ok i think it can be done a few ways but most common i think is have 1 inch undreaded on both ends mesh em together then crocheti think extentions are lame tho cause dreads eventualy can get extremely long and then you'll probly just wanna remove the extentions since theyre not real anyway

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I don't know, but I do want to add that the dreads would probably not look natural. The natural hair and the synthetic parts would dread a different rates so I imagine it would look strange. Even if it was human hair extensions
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
^ for making the dredlock extentions ^ adding them in
Mattie C
@mattie-c
14 years ago
4 posts
Kooky. And out of curiousity. How much is a fair price to charge for extensions that are 25 inches long?@soaringeagle: I know what you mean. :) I suggested that to her, but she was insistent of having extensions for the instant look.@Paula. I completely agree with you. extensions don't look very natural and it kinda defeats the object of having dreads but his to his own.@Cassie Gabriel: Thanks so much :-) I never thought to you tube it.
Mattie C
@mattie-c
14 years ago
4 posts
Yeah, I've explained all this to her. But shes adamant thats what she wants. :-( I'm taking her to the extensions shop so we can pick the hair out prior to dreading.Thanks for the link. :-) Knottysleeves said:
I highly recommend Katie's tutorial:
http://community.livejournal.com/get_up_dread_up/5324366.html

Keep in mind that the extension hair will dread at a different rate than your own, and won't have the same texture. Colour matching is difficult as well.

Commercial human hair has been chemically treated, and tends to knot up really fast and bunch up, rather than down. The extensions will start out long but will shrink & tighten into a fat mass, which adds extra weight to your dreads. That's why your own dreads have to be mature before adding extensions -- you need a solid foundation that won't unravel from all the extra weight & pulling.

I think you owe it to your client to explain all this and let them decide if they still want to go ahead. It's a lot of work, and the only way to remove them is by cutting, which will obviously affect their natural dreads.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
That girl is cute but she ruins her beautiful blonde dreads.Extentions are lame. cassie gabriel said:

^ for making the dredlock extentions

^ adding them in
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
ya her dreads are rely beautiful. she keeps up with them and stuff.
turkey
@turkey
14 years ago
63 posts
seal them with steam it help
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
I think the most beautiful dreads dont have to be kept up...
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form