Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

OK blunting tips make dreads lock better?

SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
so i was bored and couldnt sleep last ntie so i re TnR the tips and they were alot tighter but a few days ago i heard that if u blunt the tips they wont fall out and ur dread will hold together better so just in case this was not true i only blunted one tipbut if it works then ill do all of them and i tip rubbed which i knoe is damaging but i think it would be less damaging than crocheting the loose ends in
updated by @spacemantravis: 02/14/15 09:53:44AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
who told u that blunting makes em lock better? hahahait makes em dry much much slower thats all it does

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Nope. They'll dry slower though and it might even make em dread slower.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Drying slow equals mold!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
the part about it not falling out and it helping it hold together isn't necessarily true. sometimes the blunting comes apart, I have a few that did and didn't.with a crochet hook it seems to make a big blunt that poofs then after awhile tightens, (this is what I did to a few and when you do it like they tell you to by pulling upward into the body of a lock it seems to actually hold)tip rubbing, I remember doing that awhile back, all i saw it do was grind the thin wispy tips to pieces, I don't see the point in doing it personally other than to accelerate whats going to happen inevitably.//anyway I did the same about 6months into locking, did it to a few, thought they were ok and never had/wanted to do it again.as for mold, unless you have reallllllllllyyyyy long hair with thick blunted tips, mold shouldn't be an issue,mold shouldn't be an issue for any dreadlocks of any method unless of course there were like circumstances out of your control.
Ethon O'Brien
@ethon-obrien
12 years ago
40 posts

i have blunted tips and yes they do dry slower but i just prefer not having to re tnr as much. plus i just squeeze them with a towel a bunch of times, shake them out real good, then blow dry them for like 10 minutes and theyre dry in less than an hour. i think loose tips look great for some people though and am even considering not doing any more touch ups on the tips to see if they all get deblunted. i do wonder if they stop the thickening though. im really lookin forward my tnr locs thickening up but if i see anyone who has blunted the tips and only done that with their tnr locs and didnt crochet the body or anything and they still didnt thicken up then i will stop blunting in a heartbeat. but i cant find anyone who has, they either just did nothing and let the tips loosen up and stuff, or they crochet the whole thing. cant find someone who's doin what im doin. just really want them to thicken up but cant find any proof whether the blunted tips alone will slow it down or not.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why would u have to re-tnr the tips you never should re-tnr at all once you do it once u shouldnever do it again and just leaveem to do what they do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

If you are having to re-bunt your tips...it is because your dreads are not mature or solid enough to hold the tips in. Leave them alone.

Ethon O'Brien
@ethon-obrien
12 years ago
40 posts

i thought that might be whats necessary. just havin a hard time waiting and dealing with how they look haha. but i suppose its necessary with this method. thanks for the tips soaring eagle and taye

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form