Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads for a month and a few weeks and they're eating eachother already O_O

Ciaralynne Altiery
@ciaralynne-altiery
14 years ago
19 posts
I've had my dreads for a little over a month now. I put 12" human hair extensions in around my second week and just lightly crocheted them where my real hair and the extension met and then I wraped them with string. I was looking in the mirror today after taking a shower and holy cow ! they are getting shorter and locking nicely. my real dreads are even eating my extensions ! the extensions used to be almost to the middle of my lower back and now they are about 6inches below my shoulders. My dreads are eating eachother too at the roots. 've been gently tearing them apart but there are some that are just to combined so I'm letting them do whatever. I feel like my dreads are going through these stages quite early. I did the back combing and t&r method and I didnt even experience unraveling. Any one else experience tightening , or anything in the early stages of their dreads ?
updated by @ciaralynne-altiery: 02/14/15 02:53:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mine dreaded like crazy real early so yeaits not uncommon

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Yes and no.
Ciaralynne Altiery
@ciaralynne-altiery
14 years ago
19 posts
Ok, Cool. lol (:mine are like really tight but kinda spongey :p I even have a few that are like zig zags. (:
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
How will you get the synthetics out?
Ciaralynne Altiery
@ciaralynne-altiery
14 years ago
19 posts
I dont really want them to come out :p lol like I said they are real human hair so I dont think it will matter but I'm sure one day when my dreads get long ill just cut them out. well like ill cut closest to where they attach and then just pull the rest of the extensions out. (: Island Mamma said:
Ciaralynne Altiery
@ciaralynne-altiery
14 years ago
19 posts
yeah until my real dreads grow out and I decide to cut the fake dreads off. they are just like my real dreads though, they lock on their own and all. They don't feel fake and dont smell weird or anything. I like them alot (: ricky williams said:
That's what I'm wondering. Are you gonna keep them in?

Island Mamma said:
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I find that kind of gross/weird to be honest.
Ciaralynne Altiery
@ciaralynne-altiery
14 years ago
19 posts
Thats ok (: Everybody has different oppinions on it. GreyGargoyle said:
Ciaralynne Altiery
@ciaralynne-altiery
14 years ago
19 posts
thankyou (: ricky williams said:
LOL how? Its just extra hair added. I think it looks snazzy

GreyGargoyle said:
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form