Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Blowdrying dreads

SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
is it ok to blowdry my dreads after i wash them or is this a big no, cuz it seems like alot of loose hair flys around when im blow drying
updated by @spacemantravis: 01/13/15 08:40:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i only do it in winter when its so cold out wet dreads would keep me inside if im shivering and turning blue ill blow dry otherwise i wont

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
well does it mess up ur dreads
D!
@d
14 years ago
44 posts
You can blow dry your dreads the only damage you get is from excessive heat so be careful not to damage your hair by leaving your blow dryer in the same place on your head for too long. The loose hairs that are blowing around will eventually find their way into a dread or from into a dread on their own.
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
yeah burning your hair is the only issue i could see ....and u could avoid that by purchasing a bonnet attachment thing from a beauty supply store (kinda like the ones they had in the 60's looks like a shower cap with a hose attached and it just fits on your dryer) of course you would have to pray no one ever sees u using said attachment....i dont think anyone could ever live that down...
chemowasabi
@chemowasabi
14 years ago
20 posts
I wrap my hair up in a dry towel and try to get most of the moisture out that way. After that, I just keep 'em down and air dry. In my experience, blow drying my dreads takes too freaking long and I don't bother with it unless I'm going outside in the winter.As for damaging your dreads, the flyaway hairs might get damaged by the heat, but the dreads not so much.
Nicky Molnar
@nicky-molnar
13 years ago
4 posts
It's good to blow dry your hair when you are initaly about to begin backcombinging. I tried blow drying once after I had started backcombing, all it did was make my hair really messy.
BKsensiUrWay
@bksensiurway
12 years ago
19 posts
I have found that blowdrying until at least mostly dry is sort of necessary. Even after squeezing around with a towel my hair is super curly and would stay wet for hours, even before i had dreads. I'm always super paranoid about moisture rentention so i do it to calm my worries. Haha
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form