Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hi dready brothers and sisters, i've got a question about the underneath dreads.

Alyssa2
@alyssa2
14 years ago
35 posts
so i felt like all my dreadlocks were naturally tightening up and then i swam in my friend's swimming pool for a while. after each time i rinsed them with hose water and let them dry before getting them wet, but we probably swam about 3 or 4 days in a row. all of the underneath hair is out and sectioned, and is feeling (weirdly) smooth. i'm so nervous about them. it's been a couple weeks since the swimming incident, but i'm still worried about them. they aren't greasy or anything, i wash them every 4/5 days or when they get itchy with a baking soda mixture found on the site. thanks everyone! (i started may11- 21st.)
updated by @alyssa2: 01/13/15 08:39:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ik so theyre just a month old and were started how?its not uncomon at all for dreads tio fall apart completely before actualy dreading backcomb is well known to return almost to normal hair then dread from thereif its really worrying u stick a bead in they'll be fineu know dreads dont get made in a day contrary to what some sites saythey take time a progression of organic movement and compression that come from 1 source..life.. by living yiour dreading your not harming them by them comming loose theyre just reordering themselves from backcombed (or whateverr) to dreaded. shake em out after a good rince to shake out some water and get em miving knotting and slowly tighteningi think there was once this guy with dreads who said ./.dont worry bout a thing cause eveey lil thing gonna be alright..and that pretty much is the zen of the dreaddont worry bout it cause its gonna happen.. if u do this do that or simply do nothing dreads are on the way..maybe swim in the ocean next time?a river?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
I love what SE said about living your dreads...so true..:)Apart from that everytime Papa Marley is mentioned here, drink a shot....that will help..hehe
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Mine are going on a year old and the row of hair on the nape of my neck has never dreaded lol. I've tried a few things but so far no luck.
Alyssa2
@alyssa2
14 years ago
35 posts
thank you so much. i feel a lot better now. they were started by backcombing but i tnr'ed a couple the other day out of curiosity. was considering tnring the whole bottom but didn't. soaringeagle said:
ik so theyre just a month old and were started how?
its not uncomon at all for dreads tio fall apart completely before actualy dreading backcomb is well known to return almost to normal hair then dread from there
if its really worrying u stick a bead in they'll be fine
u know dreads dont get made in a day contrary to what some sites say
they take time a progression of organic movement and compression that come from 1 source..life.. by living yiour dreading your not harming them by them comming loose theyre just reordering themselves from backcombed (or whateverr) to dreaded. shake em out after a good rince to shake out some water and get em miving knotting and slowly tightening

i think there was once this guy with dreads who said ./.dont worry bout a thing cause eveey lil thing gonna be alright..
and that pretty much is the zen of the dread
dont worry bout it cause its gonna happen.. if u do this do that or simply do nothing dreads are on the way..

maybe swim in the ocean next time?
a river?
Alyssa2
@alyssa2
14 years ago
35 posts
oh wow, a year? and is it bad to tnr if i've backcombed, will they turn out looking really really odd? i mean i love organic freeform dreads and do hate uniform ones like someone from a certain site.... but anyway! does anyone have backcombed and tnr'd dreads?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Hey I'm a month in and I can definitely relate. Many of my roots(mostly in the back-bottom) are very loose. Like everyone's said, just let them be :) .. make sure you don't touch too often because you could take out knots trying to form. Dont put your fingers though them(like when you scratch or something?..) and they will eventually dread :D
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
My advice? Don't sweat it. I know a lot of people who started theirs with backcombing, and I know a lot more people who's backcombing almost completely fell out. Personally, I started with t&r, but had a similar problem early on. Take heart in the fact that the dreads that I was most worried about then, are now some of my tightest, best looking dreads on my entire head.
Alyssa2
@alyssa2
14 years ago
35 posts
thanks so much :') Faelwynn said:
My advice? Don't sweat it. I know a lot of people who started theirs with backcombing, and I know a lot more people who's backcombing almost completely fell out. Personally, I started with t&r, but had a similar problem early on. Take heart in the fact that the dreads that I was most worried about then, are now some of my tightest, best looking dreads on my entire head.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form