Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreads are all "wrong" or so I have been told....

SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Well let me share something funny that happened to me 2 years back in Brighton,UK..I had just got dreads done (backcombed) and the lady used wax on some of my front dreads before her baby slipped in dread butta (long story..lol) and had to go home...I put aloe vera gel on the rest which made my hair crunchy..Anyhow...Just a day or two after my friend who was a club promoter in came to visit me..I was looking like a PICTURE 1 at this point...He told me I look awsome and that there was this reggae night happening soon and he wanted me to model for it (talk about stereotyping)..100quids and free entry on that night..no questions asked...I said hell yeahh...So PICTURE 2 happened..Then I had to leave UK for this documentary...Basically worked entire summer in the dead heat of Nepal (temp was around 45 DEGREES!!) and whatever wax was there just melted out of my head..lol..actually took me around 8 months of hardcore cleaning to be sure that it was all out..When I went back to UK last year....I was running in a little short of cash so I called this bloke up and said if he had any reggae stuff happening? He told me as a fact there was something gng on and that I should meet him tomorrow.So I go there looking like how I look in my display picture or Picture 3...He looks at me and says NO NO NO!! What the hell happened to your dreads!! It's all WRONG!! and he also told me to fix it!!So basically I didnt get the job and I kinda lost respect for the dude..But isn't just how marketing works?? Sites and celebrities with their well maintained so called dreads have put on this unhealthy image of dreads...I just told him If by making my dreads "Right" you mean strip these oompa loompas of their personality..Good bye..
updated by @sillywalkingminister: 02/14/15 06:12:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wowgood for youbut what a storythats hilarius that hed think 2 day old waxy backcombed hair was "right" and near mature real dreads was "wrong"and u say hes a reggae promotor youd think hed know lil more bout dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Yeah i know!! lolActually he was just a promoter...He promoted Hip/Hop as well...that probably says more about him than we need to know... :)LOOK AT MY BLING BLING BITCHES!! BOO YAAAAAA soaringeagle said:
wow
good for you
but what a story
thats hilarius that hed think 2 day old waxy backcombed hair was "right" and near mature real dreads was "wrong"

and u say hes a reggae promotor youd think hed know lil more bout dreads
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
hahah...wait till few brits read this...lolthey are anyways pissed off cz of their lame ass football team..:P ricky williams said:
WOW lol i liked all the pics but the 3rd is definitely the best. Wouldn't expect a UK reggae promoter to know how to respect dreads anyway
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
ricky williams said:
hahaha i know right i know reggae is world wide now but the UK is just not the place i think about knowing much in general when it comes to how some of the artist got their hair like that and besides reggae is having a little trouble there anyway :P

Shiva'sMattedLocks said:
hahah...wait till few brits read this...lol
they are anyways pissed off cz of their lame ass football team..:P

ricky williams said:
WOW lol i liked all the pics but the 3rd is definitely the best. Wouldn't expect a UK reggae promoter to know how to respect dreads anyway
steel pulse?!
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
This discussion is dependent of extreme bias and prejudice targetted towards UK :PAnd then you go and start taking names of good bands...you are ruining the fun man..lolbut honestly i have lived in US and UK both..and British bands are much better in general that is....(hoping to start a flame war)jk jk
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Probably eating fish and chips and discussing weather.. :P ricky williams said:
haha well at the moment im gonna have to say the majority of American bands are dependent on being emo or just being well emo there are a lot of good old bands coming back into the picture though. Dang uk dreadlock people not knowing anything at all about dreads(throws fire cracker into flames) I wonder what that promoter is doing now

Shiva'sMattedLocks said:
This discussion is dependent of extreme bias and prejudice targetted towards UK :P
And then you go and start taking names of good bands...you are ruining the fun man..lol
but honestly i have lived in US and UK both..and British bands are much better in general that is....(hoping to start a flame war)jk jk
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
and taunting babboons with slightly toasted leaf of a palm tree.. (its a mad world out there) ricky williams said:
while getting drunk and beating on small kids

Shiva'sMattedLocks said:
Probably eating fish and chips and discussing weather.. :P

ricky williams said:
haha well at the moment im gonna have to say the majority of American bands are dependent on being emo or just being well emo there are a lot of good old bands coming back into the picture though. Dang uk dreadlock people not knowing anything at all about dreads(throws fire cracker into flames) I wonder what that promoter is doing now

Shiva'sMattedLocks said:
This discussion is dependent of extreme bias and prejudice targetted towards UK :P
And then you go and start taking names of good bands...you are ruining the fun man..lol
but honestly i have lived in US and UK both..and British bands are much better in general that is....(hoping to start a flame war)jk jk
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
I'm still pissed about Gandhi,,, ricky williams said:
I blame the UK they killed Bigfoot
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
The Queen is sooo old her pussy is haunted... ricky williams said:
Im upset about what they did to Australia