Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need some advice. How much did you pay for your speeding ticket?

Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
Stupid California.I got how much I'm supposed to pay for my speeding ticket today.$342!!!!according to the officer, I was going 15 miles over the speed limit.And I'm pretty sure I can't take traffic school because it hasn't been a year and a half since my last ticket.I'm thinking about trying to repeal it, has anyone done this? What was your experience?Just tell me anything you can.
updated by @cavewoman: 01/13/15 08:38:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
were u going 15 over the klimmit? how was it checked radar or vascar if vascar hand 5 or 10 ppl in the courtroom stopwatrches put 2 lines of tape on the ground take a matchbox car and tell them to start the watch when it crosses line 1 and stop it at line 2 ..puch the matchbox across the room crossing both lines. comparethe differences in the times ppl recorded vascars easy to beat cause its dependent on the oficers reaction times as well as perspective etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
the ticket says it was radar. I think that's all they use out here now, too many speeders to risk letting them go =/ fucking all it's about is making money out here.did you know cops have a quota they have to meet by the end of the year?YA. so if they're low on their quota they just start giving tickets to everyone. That pisses me off.turns out (looking at the ticket) that he marked it as Not a correctable violation (unsafe speed)I want to punch that stupid bike cop in the face. 40 miles an hour in a "supposed" 25mph zone.but I think that was only if children were present, and it was after school hours. I still have to go back and check the actual posted speed limit to see if I could possibly fight it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
take pics of the signs etcrequest the legal definitioon of "unsafe spereed" ask how can the speed be concidered unsafe if you were easily avble to drive that speed and not evennotioce you were going that fastwere you unable to navigate turns safely were there obstacles yiu were unable to easily avoid did you skid or almost lose controlif you were perfectly safe navigating the road without hitting anything then the speed you were traveling at must be concidered a safe speed. perhaps if ther road was icy or wet or kids werre playing in the streets it would be unsafe but under notrmalo driving co9nditions ot wasnt Cavewoman said:
the ticket says it was radar. I think that's all they use out here now, too many speeders to risk letting them go =/ fucking all it's about is making money out here.
did you know cops have a quota they have to meet by the end of the year?

YA. so if they're low on their quota they just start giving tickets to everyone. That pisses me off.

turns out (looking at the ticket) that he marked it as Not a correctable violation (unsafe speed)

I want to punch that stupid bike cop in the face. 40 miles an hour in a "supposed" 25mph zone.
but I think that was only if children were present, and it was after school hours. I still have to go back and check the actual posted speed limit to see if I could possibly fight it.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
ya, you know what? the minute I saw the light I was able to pull over and stop. Had I really been going as fast and unsafely as he says, I probably wouldn't have been able to stop so quickly.he literally turned on the light a second before I passed him and I pulled over right away without screaching or hurting anyone.thanks SE, I wouldn't have thought of that on my own =} soaringeagle said:
take pics of the signs etc
request the legal definitioon of "unsafe spereed" ask how can the speed be concidered unsafe if you were easily avble to drive that speed and not evennotioce you were going that fast
were you unable to navigate turns safely were there obstacles yiu were unable to easily avoid did you skid or almost lose control
if you were perfectly safe navigating the road without hitting anything then the speed you were traveling at must be concidered a safe speed. perhaps if ther road was icy or wet or kids werre playing in the streets it would be unsafe but under notrmalo driving co9nditions ot wasnt

Cavewoman said:
the ticket says it was radar. I think that's all they use out here now, too many speeders to risk letting them go =/ fucking all it's about is making money out here.
did you know cops have a quota they have to meet by the end of the year?

YA. so if they're low on their quota they just start giving tickets to everyone. That pisses me off.

turns out (looking at the ticket) that he marked it as Not a correctable violation (unsafe speed)

I want to punch that stupid bike cop in the face. 40 miles an hour in a "supposed" 25mph zone.
but I think that was only if children were present, and it was after school hours. I still have to go back and check the actual posted speed limit to see if I could possibly fight it.
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
GO SPEED RACER!! GO SPEED RACER GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!Sorry....I'm useless
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
I got a 345$ ticket for being alone in my car and entering the free way in the car pool entrance becasue it was the only way i knew how to get to the freeway because it was my 2nd time downtown... I literally entered the freeway and passed the cop on her way off the ramp 15 minutes after the "carpool" only time started. She had to strain to see if I was infact alone in my car * said she was looking for children in the back seat* .....I talked to family friends who were cops and they said it wouldn't get appealed because the judge would take the cops side....so i mailed that in 6 days before it was due (because that is how long it took me to get the $ together) and they said they got it a day late (it takes 7 days to mails something to downtown phoenix from north phoenix, i could have walked it there faster) *after they searched for my file becuase they dont use computers?! they told me the probably got it on its due date but it probably sat in security for a day* so that was a $50 late fee which i wrote a letter to the judge to try and get him to waive it but never heard anything about it and because I hadn't "paid" my ticket and didnt show up for court my drivers license was revoked and I had to pay $35 to get it reinstated. California isnt the only one out to make money and now...the speed cameras are everywhere and actually cause more accidents on the freeway becasue people freak and hit their brakes suddenly cuz it snuck up on them and they arent sure if the speed limit is 55 or 65 and so we cruise at 70 and have to slam down to 55. I dont even drive on the freeway anymore. IT's all BULLSHIT ;) Sorry about your ticket thou love... good luck!
Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
I don't know about CA, but here in OR my husband got a speeding ticket and it was reduced by half for him showing up at the court hearing. Which consisted of everyone who got tickets at that time sitting in a courtroom and the judge calling out their files then they stand up and go to the window to pay and since they showed up in person to handle their fine, they got it reduced. If he hadn't shown up, he would have had to pay the full amount. Anything like that in CA?
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
Woooow, that definitly trumps my story, haha. Sorry to hear about the shitty system going on out there. Izzy-licious said:
I got a 345$ ticket for being alone in my car and entering the free way in the car pool entrance becasue it was the only way i knew how to get to the freeway because it was my 2nd time downtown... I literally entered the freeway and passed the cop on her way off the ramp 15 minutes after the "carpool" only time started. She had to strain to see if I was infact alone in my car * said she was looking for children in the back seat* .....I talked to family friends who were cops and they said it wouldn't get appealed because the judge would take the cops side....so i mailed that in 6 days before it was due (because that is how long it took me to get the $ together) and they said they got it a day late (it takes 7 days to mails something to downtown phoenix from north phoenix, i could have walked it there faster) *after they searched for my file becuase they dont use computers?! they told me the probably got it on its due date but it probably sat in security for a day* so that was a $50 late fee which i wrote a letter to the judge to try and get him to waive it but never heard anything about it and because I hadn't "paid" my ticket and didnt show up for court my drivers license was revoked and I had to pay $35 to get it reinstated. California isnt the only one out to make money and now...the speed cameras are everywhere and actually cause more accidents on the freeway becasue people freak and hit their brakes suddenly cuz it snuck up on them and they arent sure if the speed limit is 55 or 65 and so we cruise at 70 and have to slam down to 55. I dont even drive on the freeway anymore. IT's all BULLSHIT ;) Sorry about your ticket thou love... good luck!
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
I'm not sure, I've never gone to court, and no one's told me of anything like that. I think I'll ask around though. cuz reduced is better then full. Mama Christina said:
I don't know about CA, but here in OR my husband got a speeding ticket and it was reduced by half for him showing up at the court hearing. Which consisted of everyone who got tickets at that time sitting in a courtroom and the judge calling out their files then they stand up and go to the window to pay and since they showed up in person to handle their fine, they got it reduced. If he hadn't shown up, he would have had to pay the full amount. Anything like that in CA?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form