Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stiff dreads!

Garrett Sale
@garrett-sale
14 years ago
17 posts
Most of my dreads are knotting up nicely but i have a few that are super stiff and really hard...i mean thats cool i guess but it they tend to stick out and it feels like im sleeping on rocks. will they soften up over time? maybe the new growth wont be as hard?
updated by @garrett-sale: 02/03/18 12:43:52PM
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
Presumably by your tags you had your dreads crocheted in? Crocheted dreads stay stiff for a while because they are very tight. I found washing my head in cold water really allowed mine to loosen up. From here on out though I would suggest you stop using wax (if you are using it now), stop crocheting back "imperfections", and let your dreads just do their thing :-)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
either u crocheted or waxed both are really bad to doif wax remove all traces of wax if crochet throw away the stupid crochet hook unfortunately while healling it will get extremely fuzzy from all the hairs u broke then they'll start to get better over timenever crochet dreads! spread the word its like a freaking epidemic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Garrett Sale
@garrett-sale
14 years ago
17 posts
I did crochet and i have definatly stopped since joining this site, but they started out somewhat soft and loose and have just recently gotten hard. My question is more of will it go away? i knew that the hardness was mainly due to crocheting for the most part.My routine was washing with DHHQ soap once or twice a week, but since joing this site i have been washing once a week with baking soda(acv on occasion) and now im just leaving my dreads alone...but the hard ones are still hard and not bendy
Garrett Sale
@garrett-sale
14 years ago
17 posts
i NEVER used wax by the way
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
add a lil aloe or cocoa butter or tiny bit of olive oil or jojoba oil to the vinagarrecovering from crochet takes time but lil extra conditioning will help cold water might too worth a try

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alex Angam
@alex-angam
14 years ago
47 posts
With time you will be sleeping on sunshine!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form