Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nothing? Really? That's All I Have To Do?

Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that all I have to do for natural dreadlocks is nothing. Everything else in my life is so incredibly difficult right now, it hardly seems possible that this will be so relaxing. It's so much what I've been searching for, but it almost seems to good to be true.Really?Aside from washing and eventually separating, (which will be a whole 'nother thread soon enough) I do nothing?BTW-Couldn't stand those last few crochet dreads in my hair so I took them out too. I'm going all 100% natural from here on out!But is it really that simple?
updated by @nicole: 01/13/15 08:38:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yup pretty muchi mean u can mindlessly play with it lil bit but dont gotta in fact that could help and hurt at nearlt the same time..lolliteraly the most dreading happens right after washing, and..while u sleep..yup in your sleepnow if yoir in a coma and literaly dont move yout dreading will be slow but if u just move your head alittle whike u sleep it will cause knotting and compactinhgdreads are how your hair wants to be all your life u worked hard to prevent dreads so just stopping what u did to prevent them (comb/condition) will simply allow the drewds to show up the hairs tried to dread since birth and would have if noone combed it all those years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Thats the truth! We never comb my 2 year olds hair and she has like 4 little dreads in the back . lolI guess I just dont see how people get these beautiful long dreads out of it all. Why is it not just a mess of knots? A big matting of hair? Im so afraid to mess this up. :/ soaringeagle said:
yup pretty much
i mean u can mindlessly play with it lil bit but dont gotta in fact that could help and hurt at nearlt the same time..lol
literaly the most dreading happens right after washing, and..while u sleep..yup in your sleep
now if yoir in a coma and literaly dont move yout dreading will be slow but if u just move your head alittle whike u sleep it will cause knotting and compactinhg
dreads are how your hair wants to be all your life u worked hard to prevent dreads so just stopping what u did to prevent them (comb/condition) will simply allow the drewds to show up the hairs tried to dread since birth and would have if noone combed it all those years
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well seperating is what prevents it from becomming 1 huge dread\some4 ppl like thjose completely freeformed dreads which can be big fat crazy dreads but for most seperating into individial dreads is probly the best way to go

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
Life is usually so complicated, and we are mostly all used to society and culture telling us we have to manage and maintain everything, that it seems too simple to just let go. Letting go is part of it, and the first step. That's what starts the spiritual journey I think of dreads.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form