Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whats so bad about salon dreads

Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts
Whats so bad about salon dreads? People are saying that it is terrible to get salon dreads, i want mine asap cause i have short hair, and the progress of growing my hair long, is ugly cause its all fuzzy/curly etc. And what is the cost of salon dreads?
updated by @will-gibbs: 02/08/18 01:53:03PM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Salon dreads damage your hair by aggressive teasing/twisting or by perm or by stabbing your hair cuticles repeatedly with a hook, shattering them.... Your salon dreads will be somewhat similar to dreads but less healthy....to me healthy is nice and beautiful.....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thety default to the worse methods availible dread perms wax crochet felting even covering your hair in latex or gluethey cause a total disaster charge hundreds of dollars and in days u end up starting over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Plus maintenance fees....man dreads are about ease and freedom....
Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts
So i see that they cause a disaster.....what type of disaster, like just unhealthy or like hair falling out and dying?
Bruce
@bruce
14 years ago
19 posts
I started my dreads at a salon but before i started i did some research a found a salon with lots of dread experance and would listen to me they sectioned and backcombed my hair did not use wax,perm or crocheting and didn't try to sell me any other prouducts as for maintance visits they didn't put a timeline on it as to when it was requiredNow seventeen months later my dreads have been left to do there own thing there getting longer and are very healthy and recieve lots of good commentsIf you want salon dreads do your homework on the salons you are looking at
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
I'm starting in a salon at 10 am this morning as their new loctician. I guess the last person they had doing dreads was charging $100 an hour on top of the salon fees.Personally, I'm at severe odds with this job, but, I'm dreaducated, and I'm not money hungry, I'm charging enough for a pack of smokes and a little gasoline, same as I ask my friends for when I dread them up in our own homes. So about $50 per person, with salon fees included.On top of that, I'm not only using TnR and natural products (no wax ever) I'm also going to strongly suggest that each client go home and check out this forum. I don't want to be the kind of salon douche that rips people off because they don't know any better.
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
dude dont do it, like everyoneelse said its expensive, not to mention dreads are supposed to be natural not manufactured, and your hair does not have to be really long u can jus have bout 4inches to Twist and rip
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Awhhh look Travis is finally becoming a dread head! Good on ya mateO and Salon dreads I was looking at that, I was going to do it too. BUT I found SE and his AMAZING site with all these loving people who have extra amazing dreads, which are NATURAL. Why would you wanna waste (200-350) for fake hair wrapped around yours to make dreads which won't be yours. I say you just get rid of your combs, let your hair grow and do it's thing bro. Just remember to wash ya head!
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
I did crochet dreads at a salon. Now, 2 weeks later Iv'e taken them out. They look fake, they are horrible for your hair and you miss out on the most important part, yourself.Ive been there done that. Dont do it.
updated by @nicole: 07/23/15 05:03:39PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form